Cove v Pars

Superally

Just now, rosythpar said:

Yeah local lad went to St.Columba's. Hillfield must be producing some good players, Brodie Strang just signed for Kelty.

Aye, they’ve got a good young squad with some good experience mixed in. My laddie signed for them this week and I watched them play Cowdenbeath last night. Drew 0-0 and should have won by two or three. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Grant said:

Sounds like a  promising profile, someone like Fitzpatrick formerly of Partick and QoTS would be ideal. 

Does fit his profile and an area we clearly lack. Sure he is still early 20's.

Heard he was very good second half of the season for QOS

Edited by Tartan Army Par

1 hour ago, Number Eleven said:

It’s can be a mistake to read too much into a friendly but it’s good that nearly all the squad got some game time, 2 forwards got their first goal of the season and a clean sheet.

Yes, feet on the ground. Friendlies bear little resemblance to competitive football. Still, a win away against an opponent in a higher league, is not going to do the squad's confidence any harm....

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

Early days but looks like a solid performance. 

Im a fan of wingers but perhaps a 4-3-3 with no out and out wingers may pay dividends? 

Love a good winger, However in their absence the overlapping full back can be extremely effective especially if they can cross a decent ball in. Otherwise you may just looking at a long ball game which I hate. Agree with GG that while a 1st friendly is not a measure of form it's good to see that we kicked off with a good win and confident play.

• Upvote 1