Cove v Pars

Superally

7 hours ago, Digs said:

Mr and Mrs Strang 🤷‍♂️😂👍

A bit too obvious, Digs. 🙄 I wonder if Raymie had Sean Strang in mind? He played as a striker in the Pars team that won the BP Youth Cup in 1988. That would make Sean around 52 now and certainly old enough to have a teenage son. He was a fine player at schoolboy level but didn't quite make it at senior level - sometimes you need a bit of luck.

6 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Not to sure who is parents are but I think he has three older brothers who all play at junior level.

His two other brothers both also play for Hillfield.

6 hours ago, GG Riva said:

A bit too obvious, Digs. 🙄 I wonder if Raymie had Sean Strang in mind? He played as a striker in the Pars team that won the BP Youth Cup in 1988. That would make Sean around 52 now and certainly old enough to have a teenage son. He was a fine player at schoolboy level but didn't quite make it at senior level - sometimes you need a bit of luck.

His Dad isn’t Shaun Strang.

31 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Do you know Sean, Digs? Did he play for anyone else after leaving the Pars?

No, I don't know him. He went to Ireland to play after us, and I think he came back here and played Junior(?) but no idea who for.

*Edit - Just looked him up, he has his own Prosthetic Dentist practice in Australia now, but did definitely go to Ireland for a while after he played for us playing for Cliftonville and also played for the Rovers too.

• Upvote 1