Leigh Griffiths

Superally

The Pars have been mentioned in a article by Mark McDougal suggesting we could be a possible target for Leigh Griffiths as one of 6 destinations stating:- 

"The Pars have dropped down to League One and need someone to fire them back up to the Championship. With Griffiths' old pal and former Dundee manager James McPake now in charge of the Pars, they could look to bring the striker in - if they can forgive him for spending time at Falkirk last season.

Griffiths' record in League One last year means he could find it a bit harder to source a club willing to take a chance on him unless he takes a big drop in his wages. However, Dunfermline could use someone who knows where the goal is if he is fit and firing.

They don’t have a lot of striking options so far with Craig Wighton, Kevin O’Hara and Nikolay Todorov there but Griffiths is a match winner when he wants to be and a year’s contract could be the thing to get him going again."

At 31 you would think there should be plenty of life left in Griffiths, however I don't think he would be would be a good signing. Far too distractable and unable to retain his focus now as well as other documented issues. McPake if anyone should know what to expect from him and should just leave this to petty speculation       

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Pretty sure mcpake refused to keep him on loan at Dundee, cutting it short.

I think this is just lazy linking a player to his former manager.

We don’t need strikers,  and we certainly don’t need someone of his attitude. 

That exactly what I thought. Iv nothing to write so I'll do this. 

That’s a poor article in my opinion. Our options up front are strong for League 1. I wouldn’t take Griffiths as he’s done almost nothing for years and is a controversy magnet. Falkirk have already tried the theory that he’d be great at this level and it didn’t work.

If we’re adding more players up top I’d like to see someone who can play wide as well as through the middle.

He doesn't fit into full time football now. I'd have no faith in this guy getting back to full fitness. Too much baggage for moi. Maybe he should think about getting into coaching or some other football related thing. He looked in terrible shape recently. Sad to think not that long ago, he had the world at his feet. 

I think that we have decent strike force at league 1 level. Three of the four are experienced strikers and should score plenty and hopefully Lewis McCann will score at this low level also. We don't need Griffiths but we do need at least one more half decent defender.