Kai Kennedy

Secure Par

There was great expectation last season but it all fell rather flat, I think much of that was perhaps due to the  Grant / Hughes management teams. He as a lot to prove this season, but I suspect there may be interest elsewhere at Championship level. However he needs to be playing as part of a starting 11 and not as a bit player with 15/20mins from the bench if he is going to develop. I think he could be worth a repeat go  

Not against having him back, just not sure about him in any way given I never seen much from him last time round.

My mate (who's laddie plays for Rangers and played with Kennedy) told me the last time round that we were signing him, telling me how much potential he had etc. However the jury is still out on him for me as the game is littered with players with potential. 

We could definitely do with a couple of wide players but I’d hope we could find a better option than Kai Kennedy. He definitely had a trick to beat his man but he didn’t put in many crosses, was too fond of diving and seemed to have no heart for a battle. The best wingers need to be prepared to get knocked down and bounce back again.

• Upvote 1

I'd not be overly excited either, but he's just turned 20 and had played a reasonable amount of games at Championship level.  

So, he's young, has experience of first team football and would be dropping down a level.  He'd also be more likely to get a run of starts in the first team, which may improve his consistency, given the relative lack of competition in the squad.

Hopefully, he'd spend less time on the ground this time around though.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis

I accept he played under two awful managers, aside a great pass to aid an assist against rovers and a free kick against QOTS? What did he do?

Been average at every team he's played for. Bit better at Rovers but even then...

No thanks

I’d have him back, I think in League One and under McPake I think Kai could prove a few doubters wrong.

He didn’t set anything alight his first time here but no one did and whilst he didn’t deliver the only sense of excitement and attacking intent I felt that season was when he was on the ball.

I’d give him another opportunity with us, before he joined us on loan weren’t West Ham sniffing about him?

There is a player in him, he just needs to find the right environment to be able to start showing it.

• Upvote 1

On 09/07/2022 at 13:23, Berry said:

I’d have him back, I think in League One and under McPake I think Kai could prove a few doubters wrong.

He didn’t set anything alight his first time here but no one did and whilst he didn’t deliver the only sense of excitement and attacking intent I felt that season was when he was on the ball.

I’d give him another opportunity with us, before he joined us on loan weren’t West Ham sniffing about him?

There is a player in him, he just needs to find the right environment to be able to start showing it.

I think there is absolutely a player there but it’s make or break time for him at this point in his career. His decision making is what let’s him down and why he wastes a lot of opportunity on the ball. 

That’s something clubs will look at and is the sort of thing that decides which way your career goes at his age.

The lack of signings is a major concern for me, the season is just around the corner and getting players in seems to be a problem. Not just this season but previous transfer windows too.

I don’t get the slow market etc, I’ve no idea who deals with negotiations but they don’t seem to be doing a great job IMO.

Fans have went and bought there season tickets and replica tops etc and we’re going on 6 weeks without a signing where clubs are strengthening around us.

Yes the footballs better under mcpake and the youth coming through but still very short of players and been no mention of it from manger in past couple off games either.