East Fife v Pars

Superally

Saturday brings the Pars first game in anger as we head along the road to Methil to play former Par Stevie Crawford’s East Fife in the Premier Sports Cup. Tickets have not been reduced for this game selling at £15. However, I suspect that East Fife have gambled in thinking there will be a big crowd against their Fife rivals. For those who can’t make the game there is a stream available also at £15. East Fife have had some mixed results regarding their local friendlies largely against local junior teams. The Pars have probably the better start coming into this game against senior teams and scoring 10 goals but had a single 1-0 defeat against Killie with a goal keeper error. There should be a semblance of a settled team and shape for this game but the Pars still have a long way to go in terms of developing their squad for the future league campaign. I think most Pars fans will want to see a competitive team with a serious effort to progress in this competition following previous seasons where we have abjectly failed to do so. McPake states he has he has some injury concerns but probably expects close to a full squad to choose from. There should be a good Pars support for this one and I think they will be leaving New Bayview with a 3-0 Pars win and a positive start to the 22/23 season. COYP