Pars v Buckie Thistle

Superally

It’s the 2nd cup game on Tuesday 12th and the first at East End Park where the Pars welcome Buckie Thistle. On paper they may seem the weakest team, but they will be no push over finishing second their league campaign scoring well over a 100 goals coupled with a miserly defence. Buckie Thistle also held Ross County to a 1-1 draw with the Staggies only winning on Pens so this will be a tough match.  I thought McPake had put his strongest team out against East Fife so it will be interesting to see if he will go with consistency or look to change and give some game time to other players. Once again no Trialists are allowed so any new faces will have to be a signing. This will be a tough game but I think home advantage will edge a close encounter. 2-0 Pars

Need a better start than we had on Saturday if we want to get 4 or 5. 

Fancy us to win though.

would be good to get a new player or 2 this week to give a bit more depth to the team. Desperately need a bit more creativity and pace in the middle of the park, so much of our play is slow and gives teams time to get organised and we end up with lots of passing in front of them but going nowhere

• Upvote 1

9 points is traditionally borderline for top 3, if we get that but not a strong enough GD i think I could accept it, ultimately if we win this game that will give us a chance final day, regardless of the county result. Win this, get what we can from county and then worry if we need a good GD against Alloa 

8 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

A narrow win.

This team took Ross Co to penalties, so don’t think it will be an easy game at all.

I'm assuming County didn't field their strongest team, Ross? If so, the result of that game is irrelevant in any relation to our game v Buckle. 

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

I'm assuming County didn't field their strongest team, Ross? If so, the result of that game is irrelevant in any relation to our game v Buckle. 

On paper anyway it looked the strongest 11, plenty boys who played all last season starting the game 

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Think you assume wrongly GG.  As Kelty says it looked a fairly solid Ross Co side, certainly a number of recognisable names.   

6 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Think you assume wrongly GG.  As Kelty says it looked a fairly solid Ross Co side, certainly a number of recognisable names.   

Ah fair enough, going by the result, I thought RC must have fielded a number of fringe players. Credit to Buckie for doing so well. It would be like a cup final for them, playing their Highland neighbours. They'd have been well up for it.