Staggies v Pars

Superally

I'm a great fan of Craig Wighton but he is something of an enigma. Since his arrival he's scored a few memorable goals but more often than not he's something of a passenger. He obviously doesn't like mixing it - is that a legacy of his injury-prone past? - but one wonders how his undoubted talent can be realised. Sounded like he missed a real scoring opportunity in the first half. Wonder if he'll be substituted for Todorov in the second half? 

Sounded like, and going by the stats it was a close game. 

Plenty of encouragement to be taken from that, after all they are two leagues above us and we have a paper thin squad. 

The good thing for me is that we don’t appear to want to sit in and do try and play which was my biggest gripe last season. I said all last year it was nothing to do with the playing staff because on the few occasions we did turn it on, we were a match for anyone. This year, it looks like we’re going to take the game to teams.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

James McPake saying that Benedictus will be ok for next week: thank goodness.

No doubt we need three or four players: goal keeper, centre back, wide player for sure.

I agree that’s the minimum - ideally a creative midfielder and another centre back and wide player.

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Apparently another mistake for mehmet? He’s needing replaced an absolute liability 

Is this true? Nothing I’ve heard so far is blaming him.  For all he was well off it start of last season - The couple of times he started towards end I can’t think anything he did wrong- and this season it’s first goal he’s conceded.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Apparently another mistake for mehmet? He’s needing replaced an absolute liability 

Rather harsh, KP. That's the first goal he's conceded in 3 games and you don't even know for sure if it was completely his fault. And of course when a goalie does make a mistake, he usually ends up conceding a goal, but when an outfield player misses a sitter he usually escapes relatively lightly.