Staggies v Pars

Superally

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Rather harsh, KP. That's the first goal he's conceded in 3 games and you don't even know for sure if it was completely his fault. And of course when a goalie does make a mistake, he usually ends up conceding a goal, but when an outfield player misses a sitter he usually escapes relatively lightly. 

And how many goals has he given away for us? There’s a reason why he was dropped last season 

30 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

And how many goals has he given away for us? There’s a reason why he was dropped last season 

Nobody could argue that he had some nightmare games under Peter Grant, but that was a year ago now. Perhaps it was at least partially due to the players in front of him and the way the team was set up.

You can either say he starts with a clean slate this season, or keep casting up past performances. I know which I prefer. Remember he was in goal in our promotion play off v Dundee United and he also played well when he stood in for Jakub later last season.

22 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Nobody could argue that he had some nightmare games under Peter Grant, but that was a year ago now. Perhaps it was at least partially due to the players in front of him and the way the team was set up.

You can either say he starts with a clean slate this season, or keep casting up past performances. I know which I prefer. Remember he was in goal in our promotion play off v Dundee United and he also played well when he stood in for Jakub later last season.

He was taken off after he done a summersault and injured himself. Also played less than 50 competitive games in his career, there’s a reason for that too

10 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

No tbh there isn’t, I was only taking it from what was said from someone at the game, they were clearly talking pish

Aye I went on other forum and saw it had been said there so was expecting a howler.  But it’s not. I’d like to give the guy a chance and he’s been fine this season so far.  We do need another keeper to challenge him, it’s been a weak point for a while now for us.  

it’s his jersey for now tho so up to him to make it work!

5 hours ago, kelty_par said:

No tbh there isn’t, I was only taking it from what was said from someone at the game, they were clearly talking pish

Kudos, for holding your hand up, KP. Tbh, I had no idea whether Mehmet was at fault or not, but I preferred to wait for the evidence before organising the lynching. 🙂

Like I said, goalkeepers are easy targets and like any outfield player, their confidence can take a battering if they let in a few soft goals, especially if it costs their team the game. Mehmet will have have done really well if he overcomes the psychological hurdle of his nightmare start to last season. I can't help feeling it wasn't all completely his fault. Even the best goalkeepers need the help of their team mates and it's up to the manager to ensure they get maximum protection when the opposition are in possession. 

6 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Aye I went on other forum and saw it had been said there so was expecting a howler.  But it’s not. I’d like to give the guy a chance and he’s been fine this season so far.  We do need another keeper to challenge him, it’s been a weak point for a while now for us.  

it’s his jersey for now tho so up to him to make it work!

You should know better by now, not to accept without question anything you read on daftnet, unless I posted it, Ross. 😉 It's called daftnet for a reason. 🙂

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

You should know better by now, not to accept without question anything you read on daftnet, unless I posted it, Ross. 😉 It's called daftnet for a reason. 🙂

I do know better hence why I called it out GG 😉 

And I always TRIPLE check anything you post of course 😂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Ffs mehmet,  what you doing no saving a header into the top corner?  

I honestly have no idea what game some people watch. 

Having now seem it, the only thing I can think of is maybe criticism of his decision to punch in the lead up to the goal.

But tbh, I've no problem with the decision or the execution, he got it away from danger, not his fault if the defence doesn't regroup to challenge the crosser. Nothing he could do with the goal itself.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Having now seem it, the only thing I can think of is maybe criticism of his decision to punch in the lead up to the goal.

But tbh, I've no problem with the decision or the execution, he got it away from danger, not his fault if the defence doesn't regroup to challenge the crosser. Nothing he could do with the goal itself.

Aye at first I wondered if that was what folk were moaning about, but rewatching it that’s all he could do in that crowd.  Plus he got it outside the 18 yard box.  We didn’t stop the cross effectively enough from that second phase of play.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

I don't think he would have been able to catch it cleanly either with that player in front of him. No blame for me on that one.

Although he nearly got caught out again with the same thing later at a corner.

Looked like we played some really good football, county were very lucky some awful finishing by us and thought that was a shout for a penalty too. 

• Upvote 3