Staggies v Pars

Superally

10 minutes ago, SRBpar said:

QoS have strengthened again today with a keeper which a position we need, so slow from our manager and BoD. I kinda agree with parsforlife like no lesson have been learnt from previous windows.

Signings 10 and 11 of the window for them,  including those mythical loans that are alleged to be impossible at this stage in the window,

Compared to 2.  And it’s not like queens have just signed up a load of jobbers.

• Upvote 1

I Think it's also fair to say the club was a utter fiasco last season. Potential players who sign won't want to experience that atmosphere again and will be looking for a element of progression and certainty. And while we may believe we are a biggish club I don't think we are the easiest club to play for in terms of our fan base. 

11 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I think it's a positive that the chairman is willing to speak to the likes of Piracy.

My concern with that is it’s all fart no jobby.

both grant and Hughes were saying that last season and was lead to be a lot of crap.

I don’t know how negations works wtc but other teams seem to manage fine.

spoke to a couple off Dundee mate and both said transfers are not one of mcpake a strong points.

11 minutes ago, Superally said:

I Think it's also fair to say the club was a utter fiasco last season. Potential players who sign won't want to experience that atmosphere again and will be looking for a element of progression and certainty. And while we may believe we are a biggish club I don't think we are the easiest club to play for in terms of our fan base. 

Disagree tbh. 

Go and find me a club who's fanbase would be easy to play for when they were going for promotion, and instead ended up relegated. 

Due to living away from Fife for a few years I got to go to a load of games not involving the Pars, what I found out wasn't particularly surprising. Dunfermline fans are no more negative than others when things go against us, which isn't surprising because you know, we're just humans following a football team, the exact same as every other club on this fair Isle. 

For 99% of players they'll be looking at how much we can pay or progress their career, they'll then be weighing that up against other clubs. It's a job at the end of the day. 

Edited by Grant
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Signings 10 and 11 of the window for them,  including those mythical loans that are alleged to be impossible at this stage in the window,

Compared to 2.  And it’s not like queens have just signed up a load of jobbers.

Gavin Reilly is the ultimate jobber. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Superally said:

I highly doubt we’ll have missed out on a single player because their worried about this big bad fan base.  

1. Our fanbase is no different to any others, things are **** on the pitch there will be a negative reaction,  things are going well there will be a positive one, it’s not that hard to figure out.

2.  Players aren’t going to be considering that in the slightest when choosing a club,  pay check, locality, career progression, if they’ve got mates who play for the club,  what’s the managers reputation like, do other players report good sessions, good dressing room atmosphere etc.  Maybe even right at the end if it’s the club they or someone in their family supports.  I think if they might be booed is soo far behind all those other things. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I highly doubt we’ll have missed out on a single player because their worried about this big bad fan base.  

1. Our fanbase is no different to any others, things are **** on the pitch there will be a negative reaction,  things are going well there will be a positive one, it’s not that hard to figure out.

2.  Players aren’t going to be considering that in the slightest when choosing a club,  pay check, locality, career progression, if they’ve got mates who play for the club,  what’s the managers reputation like, do other players report good sessions, good dressing room atmosphere etc.  Maybe even right at the end if it’s the club they or someone in their family supports.  I think if they might be booed is soo far behind all those other things. 

I would add that their agent's advice is also likely to figure highly in their decision making process. If he advises a player to hold off signing as he might be able to negotiate a better offer from another club, the player is unlikely to go against it.

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

The main reason we are struggling to sign players is because of the league we are in. QOS have signed a lot of players but if we signed the same players our fanbase would be moaning that they are not good enough quality.

I personally don't think they've made any great signings. They are OK nothing more.

19 hours ago, SRBpar said:

QoS have strengthened again today with a keeper which a position we need, so slow from our manager and BoD. I kinda agree with parsforlife like no lesson have been learnt from previous windows.

QosFC: Squad - Season 22/23

Not having a go but if this is the squad after adding 10/11 players I'd hate to have seen  it beforehand. Apart from Wilson & the wee striker Connelly the rest are bang average.