Staggies v Pars

Superally

12 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I went to the game, we did well. 

Also spoke to CEO David Cook before the game, expect a couple of signings over the next week if things work out. 

Absolutely fed up with wait and see suggestions from our BOD.  They've failed to deliver on many of their promises.   Cook is relatively late to the operation so hard to point the finger at him entirely but the slow pace we move at is always frustrating,  we must see more from our directors, time to step the **** up!  Your actions are what matter especially when they have brought unnecessary pressure on our club. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Absolutely fed up with wait and see suggestions from our BOD.  They've failed to deliver on many of their promises.   Cook is relatively late to the operation so hard to point the finger at him entirely but the slow pace we move at is always frustrating,  we must see more from our directors, time to step the **** up!  Your actions are what matter especially when they have brought unnecessary pressure on our club. 

Give the guy a chance ffs.  He’s only had control since May.  He’s also the only one on the entire board picking up a wage.  

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

He's been in the door 2 minutes with a new manager building a new team who've scored 17 goals with 2 against in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

On new signings what do you want him to say? It's negotiations with players and their Agents, they're not going to divulge the details till finalised. He's said they're trying to bring players in, I believe him. 

I'm happy with progress so far. 

• Upvote 1

Its a weird situation with signings at the moment, very little activity.

With lots of players signing one year deals I'm guessing the yearly signing fees have allowed them to budget for summer and hanging off for better deals and waiting til nearer the end of the window?

What's the situation with trials do they get a wage of some sort or is expenses only?

Not sure what the BOD or the manager can do, don't really want to pay over the odds like last year for average players. 

15 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’d prefer him to say nothing.  

He presumably answered a question from Piracy rather than spontaneously spouting a bit of gossip.

Do you think bringing in new players is simply a matter of ringing them up and telling them the Pars want them and they're then at EEP at 9 am the next day, asking "Where do I sign?" 🤔

6 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Do you think bringing in new players is simply a matter of ringing them up and telling them the Pars want them and they're then at EEP at 9 am the next day, asking "Where do I sign?" 🤔

C’mon to ****.  You’re being a bit silly here.

We are an absolute mile behind on where we should be in recruitment, to deny that seems mental, nothing has changed from every other summer with agents etc, but we got deals done those years,  why are we so slow this summer? 

Just because there appears to be a lack of activity in signings doesn't mean nothing is happening. It's easy enough just to sign a player to fill a shirt number that offers little or nothing. However the reality is that decent players just don't want to play in this division and attracting them to EEP is going to be very difficult.

• Upvote 1

It appears not only to be us that’s struggling with recruitment. The following quote is from today’s BBC Scotland Football Gossip: “Hearts manager Robbie Neilson is “not at all” frustrated by delays in transfer business and is content to begin the season with the squad currently at his disposal”. I’ve no doubt that the BOD and McPake are doing their best to bolster numbers. My advice is to leave them to do their job. Better to have a smaller, committed group of players than a larger squad of disinterested journeymen. 

• Upvote 1

The position we are in we are not going to be players first choice,its going to be a waiting game and see who is available. The way McPake has been talking it looks like it will be the loan market now.

We are still 5/6 players away from challenging for the league.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

C’mon to ****.  You’re being a bit silly here.

We are an absolute mile behind on where we should be in recruitment, to deny that seems mental, nothing has changed from every other summer with agents etc, but we got deals done those years,  why are we so slow this summer? 

I'd say I'm looking at things realistically, rather than being silly. It might be better to say we're behind where we'd like to be than where we should be. If only it was as easy to bring in the quality players we need to secure promotion as you seem to believe.

Superally makes a pretty good argument as to why we may not have completed our squad for the season yet.

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I’d prefer him to say nothing.  

Fair enough. 

He'd probably have wouldn't have said nothing of it but he got asked directly about signings. Obviously the reason he was asked was out of concern by a fellow fan. He didn't dodge the question at least. 

• Upvote 2

I think it’s a positive that the Chairman is willing to give an honesty answer to a fan’s question.

While it does feel that recruitment has been slow this year, the new players we have signed seem to be good quality. It’s probably easy to sign players but difficult to sign good players as they have several options.

• Upvote 3