The Pars v The Wasps

Superally

The Pars face Alloa in the last round of Group C of the Premier Sports Cup at East End Park. This should be an interesting fixture as it also mimics the first league fixture on the 30th also at EEP the following week. However, the main focus on this occasion is the Cup. The Pars essentially need a win based on the assumption that Ross County will win their last game leaving the Pars amongst the first three for second places and best of the rest for qualification. It seems that Alloa were not in agreement to reduce prices for this game so the faithful will have to find £15 to watch this game. On both teams last outings Alloa lost their game to Ross County on their last outing 2-0 and the Pars competed well against the Staggies losing 1-0 but could have easily taken a point or more by winning on Pens. The Pars overall have done slightly better than Alloa throughout this competition and hopefully with home advantage this should continue. The Pars are close to a settled side and all three strikers appear to be in form with no trialists again. I think McPake will use the same team and will face Alloa the following week in the league with the knowledge of a 2-0 Pars win behind them. COYP

• Upvote 2

I'd obviously like dunfermline to win and make it through to the next round as more funds for the kitty.

But I think this game will be hard and a true test of this squad ability to maybe play against a team who will be organised and maybe defend is there enough craft in this team to break teams down I have my doubts