The Pars v The Wasps

Superally

Well that result keeps feet firmly on the ground doesn’t it.

I thought we started alright and made a few good scoring opportunities despite not playing that great. 

The Hamilton header was excellent but the cross from Edwards was sublime.

Defensively I don’t have as much confidence as others in Breen, he did alright today but there were times I thought he was a bit flat footed and against a quicker frontline he would’ve been caught out.

Second half we just huffed and puffed and Alloa did well to see the game out with relative ease, looked more likely to score actually.

I don’t think O’Hara works down the flank, not faulting his effort but he’s just not a winger, we need to bring someone in who can take on a defender and put some decent balls in. Wighton on the other side doesn’t work either.

Midfield is our biggest problem area, and has been for a few seasons. I’ll be blunt, we wont succeed if we’re relying on Todd and Allan in midfield, nor Chalmers. 

We need Dorrans back (tin hat on) but we need another creative midfielder.

Better having this result now than next Saturday, just really frustrated as we had a great chance of qualifying and then even a win on penalties could’ve been enough.

A week away from the league starting and I still think we need a defender, two wingers and a midfielder.

Certainly is a reality check which isn’t a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Dan Pybus v Joe Charles. Is it that much of a no brainier or just me

I’d probably bring pybus back. Need legs in the midfield but we badly need a creative midfielder. Pybus walks into that starting 11, pybus and Hamilton would be solid together 

I’d take pybus easily,  we can’t go into the season with only 1 dm giving us legs, pybus can come in and do that when Hamilton is out and would also give the option to play both and give more freedom to the other midfielder/ not require the wide men to come back as often.

3 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Chalmers gave the ball away for the equaliser and misses a penalty.

I thought the first half and the start of the second half we were decent. As everyone sees we need a wide man and midfield player. 

He wasn’t even on the pitch when Alloa scored 

• Upvote 1

All last season we were crying out for width, pace and an attacking creative midfielder. Unless we sign up in these areas we are going to be battling to stay in mid table. I am not only anxious but getting ever so slightly annoyed by our inability ( unwillingness?) to fix this.

Edited by Yorkie
typo

I like Todd in midfield I think he puts himself about and he is much better in the ball than people give him credit for, Hamilton will be solid and will always do a job. Allen had 2/3 opportunities to have a dig at goal today and never took them. The less said about charmer the better.

wighton should stroll this league but I can’t see it happening, Ohara is better through the middle and would work with either McCann or todorov.

the players were ****ing knackered by end off the match, don’t know if there still getting used to the pressing they are doing but they have all played virtually all preseason without breaks or rest ashavent the squad to rotate them.

mcpake has to have seen that today and seen that we need bodies in and a plan B, the two Alloa centre half’s breezed it and hardly lost a header.

another centre half and some creative players/ wingers and could be into a good team.

we have the young boys in the squad he might aswell use them if they are there. He’s nothing to lose by playing them.

thought alloas no 12 scougall was brilliant for them and there no 5 there centre half 

Not been to a game this season yet. Looking at the team line up, it still has a lot from last season, which looking like we're stuck with. I'm afraid I'll need my arm twisted to come along just now to the games. You could probably count how many digits on Jeremy Beadles hand I enjoyed last season. 

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Missing a penalty is **** poor,  it’s a really simple job, especially for a player who is allegedly technically more skilled.   

Aye, but it still happens, even to the very best (eg Baggio in 94 - Chalmers was at least closer with his than The Ponytail!) - missing in a shootout is not a real indicator of overall quality IMO.