The Pars v The Wasps

Superally

11 hours ago, Al k said:

That's where the coaching comes in, he has goals in him. He's raw and I think it would push him on massively. We've saw the improvement when he got proper game time under Hughes in his position.

We have Ohara and Wighton who are established and have proved when here when they play in a 2 together, they can score plenty between them, provided they get service. We want to win a league and relying on raw youngsters isn’t the way to go IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

We have Ohara and Wighton who are established and have proved when here when they play in a 2 together, they can score plenty between them, provided they get service. We want to win a league and relying on raw youngsters isn’t the way to go IMO

That's all good but they are our square pegs at the moment. Until we have players to provide service they are going to be wide. 

6 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Yep, I agree with the general consensus that we need wide players. I'm still confident we'll see a few additions, albeit I get things are slow. 

There will be others but I suspect they are likely loans. Nearer the end of the window once the others have settled their squads. 

• Upvote 1

Hopefully we will see Meggle use his worldwide contacts that we have been told he has to bring in players because we are struggling to sign players in the UK.

Some of our starting 11 are not good enough to win us the league or even have us close enough to challenging. Fussball GMBH and the other directors are going to have to back McPake if we want to get promoted.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Hopefully we will see Meggle use his worldwide contacts that we have been told he has to bring in players because we are struggling to sign players in the UK.

In 2 years he’s brought in 1 signing who we released a year later. Feeling this wider recruitment plan has ended up being a false promise. 

Edited by parsforlife

20 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Not sure if you’re trolling or not. Alloa scored 59th min and Chalmers came on in the 73rd

I got this way wrong. My head up my ass yesterday. Not trolling, just wrong.  When he did come on though, he did give the ball away which resulted in a shot on goal I'm sure? He did have a couple moments of good play. Guess most are just trying to understand what and why this happened and do look fo a scapegoat. My bad. Have to remember to look at the bigger picture. Which included silly mistakes and not taking our chances as a team. 

Like most fans, I was frustrated and angry yesterday, and a bit drunk. Still, some moments of play yesterday felt like watching a game from last season. 

I'm sure new signings will come in and balance the squad out. 

2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Some of our starting 11 are not good enough to win us the league or even have us close enough to challenging. Fussball GMBH and the other directors are going to have to back McPake if we want to get promoted.

Sure Meggle said contacts in Europe and he also said Brexit caused/causes issues regarding player recruitment. Athough these issues are not insurmountable they are complex.

I'm sure the manager will get backing, they've backed the other 2 recent managers. 

5 hours ago, Legend85 said:

When I look at Todd and Allen I just don't see them as anything other than squad players at the moment not the midfield duo that is going to see us challenge for any title.

Think they're being asked to do a role they're just not suited too tbh. 

Todd doesn't have the eye for a pass, or the creativity to be the sole creative outlet in that midfield, he does however have an incredible engine and is fairly OK all around that would lead him to be a good enough box to box midfield in say a 442.

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

Sure Meggle said contacts in Europe and he also said Brexit caused/causes issues regarding player recruitment. Athough these issues are not insurmountable they are complex.

I'm sure the manager will get backing, they've backed the other 2 recent managers. 

Brexit that had already happened when they came on board.  He can’t hide behind that.

1 hour ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Won the penalties and we would have been away at snake mountain, won the game and it would have been the Arabs 

But apparently not important to have a squad ready at this stage in the season, just the 6 figure sum ****ed away.

Edited by parsforlife