The Pars v The Wasps

Superally

He wasn’t on the pitch when they equalised.

To be honest, I’m not Chalmers best fan, he sloppily gave the ball away for what ended up being a great save from Mehmet but putting that aside, everything he did was pretty solid and thought he was more forward minded than usual.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Berry said:

He wasn’t on the pitch when they equalised.

To be honest, I’m not Chalmers best fan, he sloppily gave the ball away for what ended up being a great save from Mehmet but putting that aside, everything he did was pretty solid and thought he was more forward minded than usual.

Have to agree with that, far too easy a scapegoat when there were players guilty of much more. I thought played well in the first half and the beginning of the 2nd and then fell away, we didn't adjust and we are very limited in our resources off the bench to do so. Alloa were never the better team but finished more strongly than we did, but their overall game management was much better than ours. We had numerous spurned chances to win and Chalmers was not to blame for that.

McCann is holding his own, unlucky not to score from what was a cracking save from their keeper. He’s fit for the first team and if you’re going to give him his chance to develop, you’ve got to give him games and in League One this is the best time to do it. He will score goals.

Todd has potential, plays some nice stuff from time to time but still a bit raw. If we have serious ambitions of getting promoted this season we need someone more experienced and street savvy in there. If we weren’t so short I’d be preferring he went on loan to be honest.

As for Allen, not really sure what he brings to the team and is evidence of just how light we are at the moment.

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

McCann misses too many chances for my liking, the on edwards out on a plate for him was a terrible miss

That's where the coaching comes in, he has goals in him. He's raw and I think it would push him on massively. We've saw the improvement when he got proper game time under Hughes in his position.

I think the manager needs to find a system that suits the players we currently have. 

4-3-3 is no good right now. Square pegs in round holes up top. 

4-4-2 would better suit the players we have. 

I’d go:-

mehmet

Mcdonald Benedictus Breen comrie

todd Allan/Chalmers ( dorrans when fit ) Hamilton edwards

O’hara McCann 

Edited by Raymie

7 hours ago, Raymie said:

I think the manager needs to find a system that suits the players we currently have. 

4-3-3 is no good right now. Square pegs in round holes up top. 

4-4-2 would better suit the players we have. 

I’d go:-

mehmet

Mcdonald Benedictus Breen comrie

todd Allan/Chalmers ( dorrans when fit ) Hamilton edwards

O’hara McCann 

That still ends up with square pegs in round holes,   Comrie at left back? Madness.

TBH there isn’t an option right now that will work without putting players out of position.  I’d keep the 4-3-3 but probably have O’Hara and wighton narrower,  closer to McCann for 2nd balls and more in position for taking shots. 

Ultimately until the signings we desperately need are made we will be limited,  got to hope we can still get enough points on the board until then.  Can’t afford a slow start.

Edited by parsforlife

That back four would be a rigid one, that is, just defend. I’m sure Comrie would be more than capable? I’d not be expecting him to overlap and fire in crosses with his left. This would allow Todd and Edwards to get forward and provide much needed width. 
Hopefully a short term line up, but one I feel, would better suit what we currently have ?

17 minutes ago, Raymie said:

That back four would be a rigid one, that is, just defend. I’m sure Comrie would be more than capable? I’d not be expecting him to overlap and fire in crosses with his left. This would allow Todd and Edwards to get forward and provide much needed width. 
Hopefully a short term line up, but one I feel, would better suit what we currently have ?

I can’t think of any modern system where the full backs aren’t regularly getting forward, it’s pretty much a requirement of the position.

Todd and Edwards are not wingers, they will not beat their men often one on one and will need that overlap for us to be getting crosses in.