The Pars v The Wasps

Superally

31 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Brexit that had already happened when they came on board.  He can’t hide behind that.

But apparently not important to have a squad ready at this stage in the season, just the 6 figure sum ****ed away.

I never said he was hiding behind anything. I said specifically that bringing players in from abroad was difficult. It is more difficult but not insurmountable is what I said. That is what Thomas Meggle said.

I'm more than sure they also want a squad ready, like all the other Pars fans. No argument there. 

Hopefully see some movement over the next few days. Cook told me there were 2 incoming players, we got one. I hope the other one comes to fruition this week. 

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

I never said he was hiding behind anything. I said specifically that bringing players in from abroad was difficult. It is more difficult but not insurmountable is what I said. That is what Thomas Meggle said.

I'm more than sure they also want a squad ready, like all the other Pars fans. No argument there. 

Hopefully see some movement over the next few days. Cook told me there were 2 incoming players, we got one. I hope the other one comes to fruition this week. 

Not saying you did,  just that I find it bizarre few are holding him properly to account.  One of the major selling points of letting these guys who couldn’t have pointed to dunfermline on a map come in was that they would be bringing in players from outside the usual pool of players and that would make us more competitive,  it’s something they haven’t delivered upon.  

So cook has said 2 players due in,  but then the keeper was only in trial last week so can’t really count as one, you also suggested they’d be here already,  hoping and wishful thinking isn’t good enough.    We need another 4 on top of that as well,  just wait and see how long that takes and how far behind we are when they arrive.

You might trust they want what’s best for the club cos you had a nice chat and think their lovely blokes, but one major difference from them and us is they are the ones in charge,  they’re the ones who put us in the **** and they are the ones who better ****ing deliver in getting us out of it. 

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Not saying you did,  just that I find it bizarre few are holding him properly to account.  One of the major selling points of letting these guys who couldn’t have pointed to dunfermline on a map come in was that they would be bringing in players from outside the usual pool of players and that would make us more competitive,  it’s something they haven’t delivered upon.  

So cook has said 2 players due in,  but then the keeper was only in trial last week so can’t really count as one, you also suggested they’d be here already,  hoping and wishful thinking isn’t good enough.    We need another 4 on top of that as well,  just wait and see how long that takes and how far behind we are when they arrive.

You might trust they want what’s best for the club cos you had a nice chat and think their lovely blokes, but one major difference from them and us is they are the ones in charge,  they’re the ones who put us in the **** and they are the ones who better ****ing deliver in getting us out of it. 

Happy to hold the Board to account, I've a pretty good record on that count. Right now I'm not too concerned about our overall situation. I'd like to see more players and I think they'll come. 

As for thinking they're lovely blokes because I had a chat, what a load of presumptioious nonsense. I'm more than astute enough to guage the situation as I see it, I just choose not to get angry or negative about things. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I think I'm best placed to determine that thank you. 

Sorry for jumping on it. I just I find it a very hard mentality to understand.  We are all different I guess

For me anger and pessimism aren’t an inherently bad emotions, they can be the energy that forces progress or what causes the right questions to be asked.

Edited by parsforlife

After Brexit we couldn't sign many players that aren't British nationals that had been identified by the Germans because any foreign players brought needed to meet the work permit criteria and many of them didn't.  Those rules have now been relaxed (hence the number of foreign players Aberdeen have brought in during pre-season) and chances are we will see more foreign nationals at least getting a trial. 

I'm still suspicious of the long term goals of the German backers as are many others.  I'll tell you this though if it turns out that they are charlatans up to no good then they will be chased the same way Masterton was and @Piracywas at the forefront of that. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Piracy said:

Sure Meggle said contacts in Europe and he also said Brexit caused/causes issues regarding player recruitment. Athough these issues are not insurmountable they are complex.

I'm sure the manager will get backing, they've backed the other 2 recent managers. 

At the supporters meetings they have mentioned Meggle having contacts in Africa and I am sure they also mentioned South America? Other teams are managing to sign foreign players,Ayr signed a French player a couple of weeks ago and Livingston have signed a few. 

10 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

At the supporters meetings they have mentioned Meggle having contacts in Africa and I am sure they also mentioned South America? Other teams are managing to sign foreign players,Ayr signed a French player a couple of weeks ago and Livingston have signed a few. 

Can't remember that being said but I am an auld fud mind, memories no great 🙄, I also never made the last supporters meeting so no idea if it was mentioned there. 

Haven't said we can't sign foreign players mind, just that it was a bit more difficult. They have to be what we're looking for too I suppose. Would be good if we could bring in foreigners in though, adds a bit more interest. 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Sorry for jumping on it. I just I find it a very hard mentality to understand.  We are all different I guess

For me anger and pessimism aren’t an inherently bad emotions, they can be the energy that forces progress or what causes the right questions to be asked.

No need to apologise, yeah we are all different and a lot of what we say or believe is down to a lot of factors. All got different perceptions. 

• Upvote 1

If I were to be so bold as to read the new investors mind with regards to European investors... 

But I don't think us being in the 3rd tier of Scottish football featured heavily in there reckoning. There's little to no chance of getting any good footballers to relocate from Germany or South America for the 3rd tier of Scottish football. For one thing financially I heavily doubt it'd be worth it, secondly the level of coverage just simply isn't there that would make it worthwhile. 

Have they perhaps underrated the quality of Scottish football? They would've seen us get to fourth and the playoffs and reckoned with a few minor tweaks we could be in the prem, with the money and exposure at that level they could then convince European and foreign players to come, which in turn they could sell on for profit etc.

What I would say, and it's not a dig directly at Meggle, but our recruitment is a shambles. You could literally pinpoint to this being as a direct consequence of our summer recruitment last year, giving the manager full oversight of transfers just leaves you in the **** if that is a weak spot for him, as it was with Grant and Hughes. 

I'd far rather run with a smaller squad and have a DoF with a recruitment department planning windows ahead for what we need, I've said it before but being a Brentford supporter has really opened my eyes with regards to how even smaller clubs can really punch above there weight. Currently we're not even punching at that. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Grant said:

Have they perhaps underrated the quality of Scottish football? They would've seen us get to fourth and the playoffs and reckoned with a few minor tweaks we could be in the prem,

Possibly, I certainly don’t think they realised fully the pressure to succeed still exists at this level.  I think they saw the community aspect of our club not only as a positive in itself, but as a suggestion that it would mean there’s less focus on match results by fans, that they’d be given more forgiveness when making mistake and given longer for their project to show signs of success.

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Possibly, I certainly don’t think they realised fully the pressure to succeed still exists at this level.  I think they saw the community aspect of our club not only as a positive in itself, but as a suggestion that it would mean there’s less focus on match results by fans, that they’d be given more forgiveness when making mistake and given longer for their project to show signs of success.

Their lies the question, what is the long term aim? Why are we not seeing investment in players coming in while are 6 fingered friends seeming to be throwing everything at getting promoted this season despite it being banded about that they are the verge of going bust.

We have multi millionaire investors spending peanuts watching our club fall down the league and constantly misjudging the supporters and the financial importance of almost everything.

It's worrying looking in and un-nerving for most fans watching the team play in the 3rd tier of Scottish football unconvincingly.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

Their lies the question, what is the long term aim? Why are we not seeing investment in players coming in while are 6 fingered friends seeming to be throwing everything at getting promoted this season despite it being banded about that they are the verge of going bust.

We have multi millionaire investors spending peanuts watching our club fall down the league and constantly misjudging the supporters and the financial importance of almost everything.

It's worrying looking in and un-nerving for most fans watching the team play in the 3rd tier of Scottish football unconvincingly.

Well I mentioned this a while back and got a months ban!