The Pars v The Wasps

Superally

At East Fife a younger fan was berating Chalmers from the minute he came on. Called him a useless w*nker. He was jumped on (not physically) by other fans and rightly so. I mean he might be useless but not need for the personal abuse 😂

I actually think he's got some good attributes and not as bad as some make out. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

He's not but the horse has totally bolted. There's a section of our support who totally lose their sh!t the second they see him on the pitch.

When you have more than one fan convinced that he was responsible for a goal when he wasn't even on the pitch, there is a massive problem.

Indeed, I read (not here) that he missed the penalty deliberately! FFS it hit the bar with considerable force!  Some of the reaction is over the top and hysterical

• Upvote 1

No the overall problem is fans expectations, we were expected to be and touted to be one of the top teams in the Championship last season, many of us saw we were relegation fodder long before Christmas.

We were told we wouldn't go down, we would strengthen the team in January, we didn't, then waited too long to change from one dinosaur to another dinosaur.

Still we were being told that getting excited about relegation play offs was additional money.

Until we were relegated.

Then before the dust had even settled our better players in those final games were signing for our rivals as we sat back waiting to sack Hughes and get McPake in.

Then boom we are bumbling into a new season with the majority of the players that weren't good enough to stay in the Championship now being expected to win us promotion.

If you want hope and expectation you need win over the disgruntled fans not try and hoodwink them, with the biggest budget, big plans, new £100k CEO, new training academy etc etc while what the paying public has no desire to pay to watch what's on the pitch!

Then you have an academy at a poorly supported club, in the bottom end of Scottish football trying to attract players against all the other clubs above them with more money to pay the their academy players. This really is back to front thinking.

Because we will be paying peanuts and getting what we pay for, so the cash dream of selling our best academy players to fund the future is a long long long way away!

We need investment in the team to be winning games, fighting and winning promotion and having players wanting to come to us as we are an exciting progressive team going up the way!

• Upvote 1

The new owners had to wait for the baton to be handed over and replace a non-paid Pars supporting Chairman with a new salaried proffessional CEO. I reckon the new CEO has got a pretty good background, at least that's how his CV reads. He was brought in because he is a proffessional, he's here to proffesionalise elements of the club. The previous Chairman was not a proffessional in this field, running a football club was not (by his own admission) his forte. He was a proffessional in the financial industry, wasn't being paid for his endless hours and it wasn't sustainable. He set out and sought new investors to take the club forward. He got new investors and to be fair they've invested, I guess around £800,000+ so far. Yeah we made a howling James Hunt of hiring Peter Grant, no defending that and we're now in the 3rd tier of the Scottish game because we deserve it. However I believe we've got to accept that for now, regroup, roll up our sleeves and work hard to get out of this, there's no other way. We need players, we all know that. We needed a new manager and we've got him, we've got to let him do his job. We've also got to let the board do their job too. Of course it's a fans right to critisise, to expect the very best for the club they love and support. I support that, but personally I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, too much whataboutery, unsubstantiated claims and conjecture. I don't find that helpful being honest. I prefer reasonable debate, reasonable criticism and maintaining a reasonable sense of perspective. If it goes bad then by f*ck you'll hear me, like they'll hear many of us. I just don't think that time is now, or anywhere near it being honest. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Secure Par said:

Now now it was about not trusting the board and it’s still out there with some posters on here. I do have info but either it’s a ban and when you find out I’ll get banned anyway… 

Nice revisionism. 

You were banned for issues not at all related to football and you know it.

Now because it has nothing to do with this thread I'll enter into no further discussion about it. 

• The topic was locked