Charlie D's next Saturday

Piracy

They won't be alone in charging more this season. I've noticed multiple increases in the last few months in pubs I regularly drink in. You'd do well to find a pint much under £3.95 anywhere nowadays in the town, and well over £4 is common. 

Drink in Edinburgh and you're doing well to find a pint for a fiver. 

Cost and availability of Co2 is an issue at the moment for all the brewers I believe so this is pushing up costs to them, and in turn to the drinkers. Breweries are now also starting to really hammer the rent costs to landlords too. My local which has been in the same guys hands for over 20 years and has succeeded whilst many others in the area have gone through multiple landlords is now being forced to hand over his tenancy due to the outrageous increase in rent from the landlord. The short termism is ridiculous as they will now likely end up with a temp landlord or someone new who doesn't know the pub, doesn't know the area, and will try and change it which will result in one thing - Closure. I've seen it loads of times. The breweries don't seem to learn their lesson though as they know they find some other mug to pay the rent they are asking for.

Back on topic, delighted Charlie D's is open again, and will be in early for a nice few pints of 68. Hopefully it is supported so it will remain open. 

• Upvote 2

On 24/07/2022 at 21:28, Deutsch Par said:

Holy ****.  Nearly a fiver for a pint??? 

I paid £7.20 for a pint at Paddington station recently! 

On the other hand, I was just in a pub in Crewe that had Guinness on tap half price, which made it only £1.75 a pint. 

If I hadn't had to catch a train I'd probably still be there!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Andycarp said:

If you are a real ale drinker like me then the brewery owned pubs like Wetherspoons will be hard to beat. I recently paid £2.50 a pint for what they call guest ales. I expect to pay between £4.50 to £5 a pint now for anything else.

Wetherspoons are not brewery owned they are Free Houses.