Pars v Wasps (League)

Deutsch Par

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

McCann and Todorov played up front at Firhill in the 2nd last game of the season and it didn't work at all. 

We did lump balls up to them pretty aimlessly for the 90 minutes though.

True, playing them both away from home I wouldn’t suggest but at home when we should be pressing teams more and considering how defensive minded some of them will be coming to EEP, set plays and deliveries into the box will be huge. You seen from the Buckie game what Todorov can do with a decent cross and McCann isn’t bad either.

2 hours ago, Berry said:

True, playing them both away from home I wouldn’t suggest but at home when we should be pressing teams more and considering how defensive minded some of them will be coming to EEP, set plays and deliveries into the box will be huge. You seen from the Buckie game what Todorov can do with a decent cross and McCann isn’t bad either.

McCann is terrible. Other than working hard he is shocking imo 

• Downvote 7

McCann is not a goalscorer but he is mobile, willing and puts defenders under pressure. 
Need to find someone to play off the flicks and possession he wins. If only Wighton had O’Hara’s attitude, he could help himself to quite a few goals. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Raymie said:

McCann is not a goalscorer but he is mobile, willing and puts defenders under pressure. 
Need to find someone to play off the flicks and possession he wins. If only Wighton had O’Hara’s attitude, he could help himself to quite a few goals. 

See, yesterday I thought that's exactly what Wighton showed, seemed so much more eager to work hard, chasing back, winning the ball. Much more like O'Hara than usual. If he keeps that up, I'd be very happy (as long as he's grabbing the goals too, of course).

The strikers have got utter crap service.I won't write them off until the service they're getting improves.

Playing strikers as wide players is not how we are going to create chances for the like of McCann, O'Hara, Wighton and Todorov. They need to be in the middle getting proper service. Not makeshift wingers and garbage crosses coming in from Kyle MacDonald.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Im sure Mkpake knows what we need but can only work with what we have.. cash will be tight so maybe a couple of loan signings at best.

tbh though the squad we have should be winning this league imo.

We don’t have enough depth in the squad, unless the signings come we won’t be winning the league 

1 hour ago, Secure Par said:

Im sure Mkpake knows what we need but can only work with what we have.. cash will be tight so maybe a couple of loan signings at best.

tbh though the squad we have should be winning this league imo.

I think the problem is players picking to go the championship rather than coming here. 

I think looking at the squad we have right now we would be struggling to win the league. If we get any injuries or suspensions we will be very thin. We only have 2 centre backs and no wingers signed.

8 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I think the problem is players picking to go the championship rather than coming here. 

I think looking at the squad we have right now we would be struggling to win the league. If we get any injuries or suspensions we will be very thin. We only have 2 centre backs and no wingers signed.

Well if you look at the squad we have most have played championship level and as I said a few loan signings and we will be ok.

If you watched the game yesterday, I'm not sure how you could conclude that we'd challenge for the league.

However, with Hamilton and Dorrans coming back and the addition of a couple of wide men, an attacking midfielder and a back-up centre back, we might have a chance. 

It just depends how many points we can grind out before that all happens.

49 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Well if you look at the squad we have most have played championship level and as I said a few loan signings and we will be ok.

Played Championship football to relegation level, and are being found wanting at the level we are at now. We need better recruitment and better players simples!