Pars v Wasps (League)

Deutsch Par

8 minutes ago, Al k said:

A lot better now, my stream isn't the best quality.

McCann's wasting opportunities, Chalmers I think has played well so far. O'Haras wasted on the wing. 

Would say we are on tip at the moment, thought Sammon was a lucky man.

Very lucky, could easily have been sent off for that elbow I thought.

Boring stuff, but we look reasonably solid at the back and we have made a couple of good chances, which could easily have gone in. Hopefully shooting towards the Norrie will prove more fruitful.

Very pleased to get out of that game with a W, Alloa will be disappointed not to take anything but the game went pretty much how I thought it would.

I thought we were very poor first half, Alloa had a lot of the ball and were in control for the majority, thankfully we had someone to clear the ball off the line. I would be interested to hear from fans who had a better view than me to see whether it was over the line or not, looked close. Would also like to have another look at the Sammon incident in the box as to whether a penalty or not.

When you’re not playing well, when a chance presents itself you’ve got to take it and I thought Todd should’ve put the chance he had away.

Second half we were better but again lacked a goal threat. I thought O’Hara was very poor and we looked more of a threat when McPake brought him and Chalmers off for Todorov and Wighton.

We showed a bit of naivety to allow the Alloa players to shoot from range and almost paid the price with the belter off the bar and the good save from Mehmet.

It did look like 0-0 but for what was a fluke from Todd and indecisiveness from the keeper, will take it any day.

For a team that’s still incomplete and in need of multiple signings, throw in the Hamilton suspension, this was a very important victory to tide us over until next Saturday.

A lot of improvement required but can’t be too downbeat.

P.S. for the many that really dislike Chalmers, thought he was pretty solid today with some good deliveries into the box.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

My Dundee season ticket holding mate did say to me that McPake was tactically very poor and his substitutions were dreadful , so far I see why he was of that opinion.

Thought McPake changed it couple of times today and each one brought positive change?

• Upvote 5

Hamilton still out for another game, he was missed today. Wingers are an absolute must, so poor without wide players. Credit to Mcpake for changing it up as I thought it had a positive impact, glad we got the win and hope we can add boys this week going into next weekends game. And Chalmers did have a good game today, got to give him credit and if he turned in the performance Paul Allan did then folk would’ve had a meltdown. Benedictus I thought was MOM was absolutely solid for us 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Agreed, we were much better after the changes. Wighton needs to be starting IMO.

Still not convinced by Wighton he’s so hot and cold but up for giving him a chance. 

Anyone else notice how knackered MacDonald and a couple of others were in last 10 mins!?