Pars v Wasps (League)

Deutsch Par

We were much better after McCann and O’hara actually played as a pair and not 30 yards apart. 
edwards was able to provide some width and can play there until we get some one in. 
looked pretty nervous the last ten mins. 
Todorov effort was one you’d see on a Sunday in the park. Hopeless. 
Wighton? Not for me. I was surprised Ohara was subbed. His pace was causing durnan problems second half 

Other results show that it’s going to be a hard league and we are going to have to grind out wins like today 

Would we have won this game under the guff management last season?…. Not a chance but although the game was poor a win is a win and I’ll take that every game we play. I think we will see 2/3 loans coming in next week. Plus the mighty Dorrans should be back and should stroll this league with his experience on the park.

Performance was not good at all.  Felt a lot of it was down to lack of composure, hopefully this helps build some confidence and we can play more naturally. 

Felt mcpake got things right in the dugout tho, made the right changes at the right times.

3 points is the only thing that matters and we got them, so I’m delighted.

I did find myself disagreeing with McPakes post match interview.

He made it out like we were dominant, Alloa sitting back and countering, didn’t think that was the case at all in the first half.

Second half we were better without looking really likely to score. He also said to disregard the last 10mins, not sure I agree with that either, we were under some amount of pressure and with all due respect to Alloa we shouldn’t be hanging on for so long at home against this then so I think we need to look at how to be more comfortable in those situations.

I’m sure McPake knows all this and that his comments were a means to provide a boost to the current players and build the confidence ahead of next week. If that’s the case then fair enough but I tended to agree more with Rice.

We will play better and lose games like this, the important thing was to take the 3pts. Last weekend was perhaps better in terms of clear chances  but I thought the team did well enough to take the win. Delighted with Todd's goal as was he - absolutely desperate to have his cele' in front of the North West and it clearly shows what it meant to him. Was it a cross or a shot? It defo had shades of Mark Smiths goal many years ago but at least we had the breaks this time around.

That is the best team we have at the moment, however I do feel that with the right signings we can be stronger. I don't believe its right that we pander to the few who demand signings just to fill a shirt, we need signings that will improve the team. A win for the first game at EEP and that will give us confidence for our next game against FC Edinburgh. COYP 

• Upvote 2

Football is a funny game isn't it. We played better the previous week and could only draw.  Anyway a win's a win.

It is abundantly obvious that we need more players, and most of all an out and out winger. 

Both Edwards and MacDonald had solid games on the flanks  in my view, but sadly neither produced great crosses. 

Defence was generally sound. 

Thought we dropped too deep in the last 10-15 minutes, and O'Hara has to get closer to McCann if he is going to be effective. Actually Todorov and McCann would be a handful for any team in the air.  Wighton playing behind them would then be the beneficiary. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can only echo the centiments above. We got three points and that's about all I can say in a positive sense.

We were disjointed in the first half. No creativity. O'Hara in the wide area offered nothing. No creatiivty in midfield. I can't fault the effort. Just hope we can get 3-4 new faces in that team of better quality.

O’Hara for me hasn’t had a good game yet this season and getting off lightly due to his high work rate.

Do have to acknowledge we’re playing him out of position but still with the ball I’d think he should be doing better.

Agree with TRBFC that playing Todorov with McCann, a bit more height for crossing could work out well. Todorov made a right hash of his one opportunity yesterday but think we need to give him proper game time to get the best out of him.

Edited by Berry
  • Upvote 1