Pars v Montrose

Superally

I’m looking forward to the match as it seems a long time since facing Montrose on league business. Petrie seems to be doing a great job having improved them from League 2 strugglers to League 1 contenders. They’ve kept clean sheets in both games and while we scored 3 last week they came from about 25 chances, so I think our finishing will need to be better.

McPakes recent interview certainly alludes to Hamilton not being guaranteed back in the starting 11 for Saturday nor Mochrie getting his first start I would then assume.

Two wins on the trot, can see the argument for not changing a winning team but for me it would be a mistake not to bring these boys in for Montrose.

Whilst we won both games, I considered ourselves very fortunate to beat Alloa and Edinburgh weren’t much of an outfit to measure ourselves against.

Have to play our best players, and there’s little doubt we’d have a better chance of beating Montrose with them on from the start than bringing them off the bench.

29 minutes ago, Berry said:

McPakes recent interview certainly alludes to Hamilton not being guaranteed back in the starting 11 for Saturday nor Mochrie getting his first start I would then assume.

I wouldn’t read too much into that interview tbh, just seemed the standard manager answer where they don’t want to give much away.

7 hours ago, Number Eleven said:

I’m looking forward to the match as it seems a long time since facing Montrose on league business. Petrie seems to be doing a great job having improved them from League 2 strugglers to League 1 contenders. They’ve kept clean sheets in both games and while we scored 3 last week they came from about 25 chances, so I think our finishing will need to be better.

That's because it is a long time since we played Montrose on league business.  They beat us 1-0 at Links Park in 1987 to deny us the First Division title so we had to settle for promotion in second place. 

3 hours ago, Deutsch Par said:

That's because it is a long time since we played Montrose on league business.  They beat us 1-0 at Links Park in 1987 to deny us the First Division title so we had to settle for promotion in second place. 

was at that game , lots of Pars fans in fancy dress, carnival atmosphere before KO and we were utter mince. 

Back to to-day I am concerned with lack of cover in central defence and in midfield. We ate only a red card or injury away from a crisis in certain positions and its not a good place to be. 

14 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Back to to-day I am concerned with lack of cover in central defence and in midfield. We ate only a red card or injury away from a crisis in certain positions and its not a good place to be. 

Agree the squad is very thin, recruitment has been a real issue this summer. I think there are some loan deals still to come in (hopefully) but I imagine loanee clubs will be looking at their players getting regular games and not just filling a bench. I think McPake is looking at quality over quantity but it is a worry. Montrose are looking to secure a player on loan from Dundee Utd for this game. However a Pars win and being at the top end of the league might make us a more attractive option.

1 hour ago, Superally said:

COWS are reporting a turnstile issue and for fans to arrive early!

Just got here, it's not too bad outside, but STs are being scanned manually. Also, no card machines at the kiosks (EDIT - sorry, my mistake, was just the one I went to. Others working as far as I know). I'm guessing it's an internet issue. Hopefully we don't end up like Rovers last season!

This is awful, why don't we go 352?

McCann's an absolute waste in the middle, as are the other two wide. I think he'd work with a 3-4-1-2 winning the knock ons for the front two. 

Final third is absolutely abysmal, can't cross, can't hit a ball and the front three isn't working at all. 

Its not lack of effort, I don't any teams are quaking at the prospect of us. Average so far in our home games and arguably better teams to play.