McPake Interview

PentlandPar

1 minute ago, PentlandPar said:

Just listened to his interview after today's game, and he sounded very frustrated at not being able to get players in.

Wonder if he is not getting the financial support he expected from the board when he took the job.

He’s made the point a few times but seems more and more annoyed with the situation,  If we can’t afford more depth the board need to come out and be honest about the state of our finances. We are doing well just now but running out of time quickly to put an appropriate squad together to handle the ups and downs of a season.

I think all finances were put in place last season as everyone thought we would still be in the Championship but….

now we are in league 1, need to get players in and get the training facilities in Rosyth up and running. That will require a lot of money to do so do they spend the money on players or the training base?

I don’t think there are funds for both now imo. 
Even if they put the training base on hold as all the team train at Pitreavie and do gym work at EEP so the money can bring players in?

I can understand McPakes frustration but he’s won 3 with no goals conceeded so the board might wait before spending.

We won't win the league with that team. Lucky against Alloa and again today, we were the better team but offered nothing upfront.

I like what McCann offers but he's not a reliable goal scorer, our more natural goal scorers offer nothing out wide. Our wing play provides a couple or decent crosses a game.

Too many square pegs and round holes. Granted last season we'd have lost all these games with a stupid goal lost but we lose one defender and we are back to square one. 

1 hour ago, PentlandPar said:

Just listened to his interview after today's game, and he sounded very frustrated at not being able to get players in.

Wonder if he is not getting the financial support he expected from the board when he took the job.

I can't understand why you've indirectly jumped to the conclusion that he's having a pop at the Board. Don't get me wrong - he's frustrated alright, but it's more likely to be because the quality of player he'd like to bring in, is probably holding back, to see if his agent can find him a better deal  elsewhere, a club playing at a higher level, or preferably both.

Think he is being honest, Don't think its him having a go at the board. The new board have supported previous managers well and I don't think its any different from McPake. We have had a better start than we could have dreamed of, maximum points and clean sheets, confidence will build within the squad, but we do need signings but attracting the quality we want and need is going to be very difficult in this league. 

• Upvote 2

Was a bit disappointed to hear that from McPake.  That’s not going to help any current negotiations as agents can hear how desperate we are for bodies and price accordingly.  Stuff like this should be kept more in house in my opinion.  It came across like a dig at the board/others as if it was out his hands. 

Who’s saying he’s to blame?  I’m saying I don’t think he should be so public about his thoughts, think that comes across as a dig at the board.  Squad isnt “nowhere near ready” the spine is there, but needs 4 or 5 to enhance/compliment.  3 wins from 3 no matter how you choose to perceive it in no way backs up your assertion.

As for the other point you’ve said about someone directly involved in the first team saying that, there’s no way of backing that up with fact.  He says she says stuff helps no one.