KDM Group East End Park.

Piracy

42 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

We've hardly sold our history and infact we don't even own our ground anyway. I just don't see the downside. What exactly are we losing here? I'm not being cheeky, just trying to understand why the strong negative reaction?

As I said, it's about setting precedents. I don't want us gradually selling off the rights to things as the years go by and losing our identity.

For me, naming the ground differently (even if most people will never use the new name) is a red line. I think it's tacky as hell and demonstrates a willingness to stick a brand on a place I consider special.

Others may disagree, but it's not a position that's too ridiculous to even give credence to.

59 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

As I said, it's about setting precedents. I don't want us gradually selling off the rights to things as the years go by and losing our identity.

For me, naming the ground differently (even if most people will never use the new name) is a red line. I think it's tacky as hell and demonstrates a willingness to stick a brand on a place I consider special.

Others may disagree, but it's not a position that's too ridiculous to even give credence to.

I get that even if I have a different perspective. I don't think it'll go any further than that, we're hardly going to be Red Bull Pars anytime soon*

*we don't have wing(ers) anyway

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We haven't lost our soul,  our heritage or compromised on our history. That's doing a disservice to the fantastic work being done by the likes of the Pars Heritage Trust, Pars Foundation, Pars Supporters Trust,  Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters Trust,  the 1885 Business Club,  club Lifeline etc.  All out there working on preserving and promoting our clubs history,  supporting mental health initiatives across the age groups,  supporting youth football,  engaging and building relationships with the local community,  engaging and building relationships with the local business community,  promoting social inclusion: inclusive of disabled fans,  womans football &  the younger element within our support.

All these initiatives are run by fans,  who are the soul of this club. They remain at the heart of the club.  The CEO is doing his job,  bringing in revenue so we can move forward and build momentum for the future,  a future at East End Park,  which is still the stadiums name.

We're not selling our arse to some big corporate hoor bag for ego purposes,  we've entered into a commercial partnership with a local business who already provide much needed revenue and the company is run by an avid Pars fan.

We've had a long hard journey in the last 10 years and a lot of the decisions haven't been successful,  but it's not been through lack of effort and were made with the clubs interests at heart.  This is in no way one of the poor decisions,  it's a good decision imo.

We're still a community club who know what we stand for.  

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

We haven't lost our soul,  our heritage or compromised on our history. That's doing a disservice to the fantastic work being done by the likes of the Pars Heritage Trust, Pars Foundation, Pars Supporters Trust,  Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters Trust,  the 1885 Business Club,  club Lifeline etc.  All out there working on preserving and promoting our clubs history,  supporting mental health initiatives across the age groups,  supporting youth football,  engaging and building relationships with the local community,  engaging and building relationships with the local business community,  promoting social inclusion: inclusive of disabled fans,  womans football &  the younger element within our support.

All these initiatives are run by fans,  who are the soul of this club. They remain at the heart of the club.  The CEO is doing his job,  bringing in revenue so we can move forward and build momentum for the future,  a future at East End Park,  which is still the stadiums name.

We're not selling our arse to some big corporate hoor bag for ego purposes,  we've entered into a commercial partnership with a local business who already provide much needed revenue and the company is run by an avid Pars fan.

We've had a long hard journey in the last 10 years and a lot of the decisions haven't been successful,  but it's not been through lack of effort and were made with the clubs interests at heart.  This is in no way one of the poor decisions,  it's a good decision imo.

Pretty much this, we’ll said bud.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Ok, so if we were to change to play in dark blue or neon pink, that'd be fine as long as the money was right? If they decided that the stripes should go horizontally because a sponsor says so, that'd be fine? If the name was change to "West Fife United, brought to you by Pizza Hut FC" that'd be dandy?

I know this - and that's my point (which was in response to the argument that this is 'money for nothing'). They could already put more in without changing the stadium name. They could sponsor something else (the new training academy perhaps). Why do they feel it appropriate to change something so fundamental to our heritage and tradition?

I'm not doubting their creds as fans, not for a second - but the idea that this is 'money for nothing' is nonsense.

Invest in it, yes. Not rip it out.

And as I said, it will still be that new name officially, on letterheads and emails and websites and match reports and so on and so on. F*** that.

I never said that. That’s a bit of a straw man argument because those scenarios don’t exist and are entirely hypothetical, and also don’t necessarily follow from these circumstances. They’re invented scenarios. 

As I said, they are already sponsors of the Scottish cup, so it seems logical that any sponsorship they offer us will need to be met with a significant offering on our part. As I said, there is the potential for this to act as an attraction for more sponsorship for the club. Like any deal like this though, it’s a gamble in both sides. 

This doesn’t rip out anything, I really think you’re overstating this. East End is still included and it’s not like they’re moving the ground. We still play in the same place that will still be known by everyone who matters by the name it is currently known by. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

This. All of this 👆

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Digs said:

I never said that. That’s a bit of a straw man argument because those scenarios don’t exist and are entirely hypothetical, and also don’t necessarily follow from these circumstances. They’re invented scenarios. 

You said "anything" (EDIT - correction, it was "everything") was for sale. I used those examples to test if that was true or not. It's not a straw man, as I didn't say you said those things, I just asked if they were included in your "anything" (”everything")

Renaming the stadium was hypothetical until it happened.

11 hours ago, Digs said:

As I said, they are already sponsors of the Scottish cup, so it seems logical that any sponsorship they offer us will need to be met with a significant offering on our part. As I said, there is the potential for this to act as an attraction for more sponsorship for the club. Like any deal like this though, it’s a gamble in both sides. 

No, I get that - it's just my deeply felt opinion that no amount of money is worth renaming the stadium for. And it's not as if there are no other ways to put money into the club. This is the chosen route, but it didn't have to be.

11 hours ago, Digs said:

This doesn’t rip out anything, I really think you’re overstating this. East End is still included and it’s not like they’re moving the ground. We still play in the same place that will still be known by everyone who matters by the name it is currently known by. 

I didn't say this was ripping the heart out. Chipping away at it though.

And I know you think I'm overstating it, as do others. But I don't, so I'm going to continue to view this negatively.

'East End' is included this time. What if the next sponsors (because the precedent of doing it at all is set now) offer more money, but want to drop East End? As with the strips and name notions, where is the line? Is there one?

23 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Yeah that’s me done with the club now. Haven’t been enamoured with the way our so called community club has been heading but to blatantly spit in the face of the majority of fans like this is an absolute disgrace. Money, money, money eh. Disappointed at so many people outing themselves as Tories on here as well to be quite honest. 

I have no problem with anyone who is not in favour of sponsorship, but it's quite a stretch to believe these fans make up the majority of our support. Most fans want to see a winning team on the park, especially at home. If the money coming from KDM helps bring in 2 or 3 new players before the window closes and they help us clinch promotion at the end of the season, I don't think many will still think it was a poor decision by the BoD. 

It's also worth noting that we're not exactly "mas que un club" and even Barcelona have compromised their principles in recent years. It would be great if we could be successful on gate receipts and the odd transfer fee, but these days are long gone and they aren't coming back. 🙁

Eta. I've never been outed as a Tory before - I'd sooner be a Rangers fan and that's saying something.  😃

Edited by GG Riva

I get where big SP is coming from.

In an ideal world, the club could have had this injection of money, without having to sell the off the stadium name? It's akin to selling off the family silver?

Sadly, we don't appear to have a pot to **** in? Even Arbroath can beat us to the signing Scott Allan - what a fecking sad state of affairs that is?

It won't be long before we have a sponsor's name, emblazoned in big letters, on the front of the main stand? 😒 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I get where big SP is coming from.

In an ideal world, the club could have had this injection of money, without having to sell the off the stadium name? It's akin to selling off the family silver?

Sadly, we don't appear to have a pot to **** in? Even Arbroath can beat us to the signing Scott Allan - what a fecking sad state of affairs that is?

It won't be long before we have a sponsor's name, emblazoned in big letters, on the front of the main stand? 😒 

I think Scott Allan probably wanted part time football due to health issues

I understand SP's point its quite valid, Sentiment is based on tradition and we hold and share the many memories of The Pars, Black and White stripes, EEP and walking down the Halbeath Road. I was raging when Avec changed the club badge to some kind of gold effort and when they briefly stopped playing the Bluebell Polka at FT. However while I share some of SP's dismay, in this instance I have to disagree. East End Park remains in the title - if it didn't I would be ****ed off as well. However pragmatics determine that I think this is a good deal for the Pars so I'm supportive in this instance 

• Upvote 1