Players required

Piracy

40 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

In fairness to Dorrans we’re in the middle of a deadly cost of living crisis.

You could also add that he could have sat tight and continued to draw his salary,  while hardly kicking a ball until the end of his contract. Not saying we should be grateful for small mercies, but that his leaving now is not the worst case scenario. We may yet be able to use the monies saved to bring in a good quality player in on loan.

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

You could also add that he could have sat tight and continued to draw his salary,  while hardly kicking a ball until the end of his contract. Not saying we should be grateful for small mercies, but that his leaving now is not the worst case scenario. We may yet be able to use the monies saved to bring in a good quality player in on loan.

Did he walk away for free? 

8 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Did he walk away for free? 

Good question, RP. The short answer is we don't know, unless he's spoken publicly about it. I'd be surprised if he wasn't offered some kind of inducement to tear up his contract. Even so, the club will still be better off than if it had been obliged to pay him in full, while he spent more time on the treatment table than the pitch. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Good question, RP. The short answer is we don't know, unless he's spoken publicly about it. I'd be surprised if he wasn't offered some kind of inducement to tear up his contract. Even so, the club will still be better off than if it had been obliged to pay him in full, while he spent more time on the treatment table than the pitch. 

Yes I agree with you GG, they probably agreed on some kind of compensation package which would work out cheaper for us in the long run. The club has wasted a lot of money on him though with his relocation fee and wages which could have been used elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Yorkie said:

“ A strong starting 11” you are having a laugh. We struggled ( and were lucky) to beat Alloa and Montrose at home. We struggled to score 3 against FC Edinburgh , one of the worst sides I  have ever seen.At home against Airdrie we were on top for about  half the game. We have an average starting 11 at best . 

No, I’m not having a laugh. If we didn’t have a strong starting 11 then we wouldn’t have only conceded 1 goal. 

We played Edinburgh off the park and won comfortably. This is a team that has done ok since then and are only two points behind us. We’re the only team to leather them, and it should have been many more.

Montrose got what they deserved from the game, nothing. They created next to nothing other than a header from a set piece. 

Alloa we were more than comfortable for large parts of the game but I agree we didn’t play all that well either. You can say what you like about being lucky but we took the chance, they didn’t.

Incidentally, that is the one thing stopping us from having maximum points, taking chances. We’re not going to steamroller teams like we did last time. This is a much tougher league than the last time we were in it. 

The difference between what is good from a team point of view performance wise and being entertained is something that a lot of people can’t seem to separate. I’d bet McPake will be largely happy with the team to date considering the squad, the players carrying injuries and the lack of ability to do much to change it. We’ve got a good shape about us, are well organised and (Kelty aside) keep the ball pretty well. If you don’t think those things add up to a strong starting 11, then I’m not sure what to tell you.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Digs said:

Incidentally, that is the one thing stopping us from having maximum points, taking chances. We’re not going to steamroller teams like we did last time. This is a much tougher league than the last time we were in it. 

With the amount of chances being wasted if we has a striker in the form faiss was that season we could well have taken some big wins.

Edited by parsforlife

3 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Yes I agree with you GG, they probably agreed on some kind of compensation package which would work out cheaper for us in the long run. The club has wasted a lot of money on him though with his relocation fee and wages which could have been used elsewhere.

Can't disagree with any of that, RP, but you know what they say, " Hindsight is 20/20 vision."

Still and all, many of us felt this was a massive, high risk gamble at the time and sadly, we were correct.