Players required

Piracy

On 23/09/2022 at 11:06, livipar2 said:

McPake has been pretty clear that the lack of signings is down to him? Every signing he has pursued has been backed by the Board.

Well they might be and they might not. Suppose they were down to the Board not offering the players the manager wanted to sign enough. McPake is hardly going to come out and state this publicly, unless he wanted to engineer his P45.

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Well they might be and they might not. Suppose they were down to the Board not offering the players the manager wanted to sign enough. McPake is hardly going to come out and state this publicly, unless he wanted to engineer his P45.

It was McPake approaching the Board with targets not the other way round.

• Upvote 1

McPake said directly to me (supporters night) that the Board had backed every potential signing he'd tried to make to that point. I have no reason to disbelieve that answer. 

However, the issue is we've no additional players since his initial 5 signings which has us at a disadvantage given we're going to hit injuries and suspensions.

Like I said the other day on here, we don't have any additional players coming in then I'll inrepret that as a failure. 

23 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Sits at home in Germany mostly, just like the rest of the investment group.  Made a big deal about not being stay away owners but they are based on the evidence.

Can’t remember the exact details but I think at the supporters council was he was mostly phone contact and he comes over once or twice a month for a few days.  Wish I could do that in my job!

They were over last week. Meggle I believe is over more than the other Gents. They had a load of guests with them, hopefully potential investors. However I'm not sure how often they're here physically, but they're in weekly contact with David Cook who was obviously brought in to run the club on a daily basis. I've an opportunity to ask him direct questions this coming Wednesday and I will be asking him about how we've failed to sign players. I'll also ask him if he's directly involved in every signing we're attempting to make. Any feedback will be put up on here. I'll do a summary of what happens. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

McPake said directly to me (supporters night) that the Board had backed every potential signing he'd tried to make to that point. I have no reason to disbelieve that answer. 

However, the issue is we've no additional players since his initial 5 signings which has us at a disadvantage given we're going to hit injuries and suspensions.

Like I said the other day on here, we don't have any additional players coming in then I'll inrepret that as a failure. 

I don't disbelieve that either, but as you say, we haven't managed to bring these targets in. None of us knows why and we can only speculate that these players don't want to play in League 1, they've secured a better contract elsewhere, or the club has been unable to meet their wage demands. This may be regarded as a failure, but no blame can be attached to anyone at the club, unless you believe we should sign some bench warmers who aren't good enough to aid our promotion drive.

12 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I don't disbelieve that either, but as you say, we haven't managed to bring these targets in. None of us knows why and we can only speculate that these players don't want to play in League 1, they've secured a better contract elsewhere, or the club has been unable to meet their wage demands. This may be regarded as a failure, but no blame can be attached to anyone at the club, unless you believe we should sign some bench warmers who aren't good enough to aid our promotion drive.

If it's true that the board have backed every attempt he's made, then maybe his targets are unrealistic. Either way, it's a failure which will likely cosg us dear if it's not rectified toot sweet.

Im not sure some fans see what set up is going on with the club as it’s now a business with owners and shareholders.

Mr Cook will report back to the investors. 
Money will be spent where required and that is it. My belief is the Academy had taken a lot more cash than anticipated so the team better work harder getting us out of the league. 
Folk need to remember the club is investors owned now and they make the decisions now.

it’s obvious the club has tightened up the finances and will only spend when necessary.

imo the squad we have should win this league. 

Edited by Secure Par

3 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Meggle is part of the board and said he had identified 5 foreign players last season at a supporters meeting but Brexit rules stopped it.

If that's the case, then he needs to be paying more attention. Brexit was 2 years ago. If he's going to be finding signing targets then he needs to be more on top of the rules.