Pars v Airdrie

Superally

I've been critical of Todorov but for me he has to start on Saturday. He's helped change the course of games when he's come on so far and thought he did more in 40 mins last week than the other 3 put together, and was unlucky with a couple of efforts.

Start him and McDonald and he will get him service. I really don't understand why the only player in the team other than Edwards that puts balls into the box, can't get a start. They are also better balls than Edwards is capable of too. 

I also disagree it's a foregone conclusion they will win. We have looked solid defensively for the most part and this will be a big test of that. I think it will be tighter than some might think.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, kelty_par said:

If we don’t make any signings this week then I fear a first defeat of the season will happen 

Even if we make signings would they start? Mochrie was signed before Edinburgh... 

McPake needs to ditch his obsession with 433, we have players far more suited to a 442 or a 532, I just wish we had a manager that would play a system that suits the players at hand, rather than being obsessed with a system. 

6 minutes ago, Grant said:

Even if we make signings would they start? Mochrie was signed before Edinburgh... 

McPake needs to ditch his obsession with 433, we have players far more suited to a 442 or a 532, I just wish we had a manager that would play a system that suits the players at hand, rather than being obsessed with a system. 

I wouldn’t expect a player signed a day before who hadn’t even trained with us to be starting the next day. If we get someone in either today/tomorrow and they will be good enough then I’d be starting them. If any wingers are signed then they start as we currently have none

39 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

I wouldn’t expect a player signed a day before who hadn’t even trained with us to be starting the next day. If we get someone in either today/tomorrow and they will be good enough then I’d be starting them. If any wingers are signed then they start as we currently have none

Mochrie can play out wide as a winger, as he has many times throughout his career. McPake just isn't playing him as one. 

59 minutes ago, Grant said:

I agree to a point, but his formation has been a big factor in us having such a good defensive record. Breen said himself that the focus with this formation is about getting the ball back and pressing as much as we can and the clean sheets have been the result.

I think there does need to be a balance in getting forward but I'd also say there is maybe something to be said for bedding in the system you want to play so that when you do get the players that you want in, it's easier for them to slot into how you want to play if everyone else is on the same page. 

I'd say that's why he's sticking with it rather than being obsessed with a certain favourite formation. I'd also say he's doing it with what he sees as his strongest 11 players available, given Wighton is playing with chocolate knees at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Rumours about Shaun Byrne. Not too sure about the source being accurate,  but I'd welcome him back. 

Ex-par,  been told he can leave dundee, mcpake was the guy who took him there in the first place...

I doubt the rumours are much more than people putting 2 and 2 together,  I hope it does work out tho, he'd be an excellent addition.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Ex-par,  been told he can leave dundee, mcpake was the guy who took him there in the first place...

I doubt the rumours are much more than people putting 2 and 2 together,  I hope it does work out tho, he'd be an excellent addition.

It's feasible.  I also hope it works out.