Pars v Airdrie

Superally

I'd not be convinced by the Byrne signing at all truth be told. 

We are crying out for some pace and width in the side, Byrne would be in high wages, in a position and role we are extremely well covered in. 

Would absolutely stink of signing a player without any idea of how the signing will benefit the team. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Grant said:

I'd not be convinced by the Byrne signing at all truth be told. 

We are crying out for some pace and width in the side, Byrne would be in high wages, in a position and role we are extremely well covered in. 

Would absolutely stink of signing a player without any idea of how the signing will benefit the team. 

There is no way in hell we are well covered at CM.  

I think Dorrans is done, Mochrie isn't our player and could be subject to a recall, especially if Jack Ross gets punted.

That leaves Hamilton, Allan and Todd, and we can't be putting too much on Allan and Todd.

Unless there are more midfielders I have forgotten about

8 minutes ago, Deutsch Par said:

There is no way in hell we are well covered at CM.  

I think Dorrans is done, Mochrie isn't our player and could be subject to a recall, especially if Jack Ross gets punted.

That leaves Hamilton, Allan and Todd, and we can't be putting too much on Allan and Todd.

Unless there are more midfielders I have forgotten about

Not to mention Allan is also injured and wearing a moon boot last time the manager spoke of his injury which would suggest a break or ligament damage, meaning 2 months out at least unless it was just a precaution.

If he's available, wants to come to the Pars and is in budget, I think we sign him.  Not necessarily because we are short, but based on the fact it is bringing someone in who is better than we already have - which should always be the aim. 

It would be surely mean that we'd have to go 3-5-2 for the foreseeable future though.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GG Riva said:

"Interesting " RP? I'm intrigued. 

I would take a guess that McPake is getting frustrated with the lack of business being done and the threadbare squad we have. Time is running out in the transfer window and we are about 4 players short of having a squad able to challenge for the title. 

We can't rely on the youngsters when the players we have start getting injured or suspensions. 

8 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I keep telling myself that there is no way on earth that we won't add to the squad before the end of the month...........

If we don’t then it would be disgraceful tbh. Club ask the fans for backing and shift over 2500 season tickets, yet can’t get the squad together to have a proper challenge 

3 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

If we don’t then it would be disgraceful tbh. Club ask the fans for backing and shift over 2500 season tickets, yet can’t get the squad together to have a proper challenge 

I'm not sure what to think tbh.

On one hand, I'd far rather we made sure we got the right players in who are either as good or better than we have, than just bringing in bodies to fill the squad. It's the correct approach. 

On the other hand, we can't go through the season like this, I think everyone from us to the board and David Cook agree on this. The manager has already said he can't complete full training sessions because he doesn't have the numbers or the personnel.

It's not as simple as saying 'other clubs are signing players', but I also don't think that he isn't being supported or the board are reneging on their side of the deal after asking us to support the club, but I'd like to know, specifically, what the hold up is, and why we can't attract the players we want.

My sensible head is telling me there are discussions going on that we don't know about, Sam Fisher and Max the keeper came out of nowhere after all. I just can't believe we are so far down the pile that we can't attract anyone, or that the managers wish list is so ridiculous he is aiming at the wrong level, so what is the problem?

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

I would take a guess that McPake is getting frustrated with the lack of business being done and the threadbare squad we have. Time is running out in the transfer window and we are about 4 players short of having a squad able to challenge for the title. 

We can't rely on the youngsters when the players we have start getting injured or suspensions. 

We're all frustrated at the lack of new players coming in and how threadbare the first team squad is, RP, but I can't imagine James McPake letting his frustration get the better of him tonight and pointing an accusing finger at the BoD, which is what I thought you were hinting at. 

A public rant would be extremely unwise on his part, no matter how intense his frustration is. As for the fans in attendance, there's nothing to stop them venting their feelings and no doubt a few will do just that and any Board members present will just have to take it on the chin.