Pars v Airdrie

Superally

Another woefull decision by a referee nowhere near the level they should be for the job. Which could be said for any game regardless of level in Scotland.

We played well for spells but three goals at home, a misplayed cross and stupid header from a defender were two of them really says it all. We threatened at lot more with the change in formation. McDonald is getting better but no-one again anywhere they should be for his crosses. Goal and the one ruled out coming from a throw-in isn't anywhere near the level we should be at.

I hope the "incomings" can change this, the changes in our games have proven we can create a bit more. The players we have should be able to offer a bit more, feable shots from distance, hitting the ball at the keeper when 1-1 or headers is absolutely brutal for any full-time player. 

I've saw more power in pass backs than some of our shots this season.  

Thought it was a good game against a team that is probably one of the strongest challengers to the title. I thought Airdrie were good but at no point did I think they were better than us. Indeed in the second half they seemed to be happy to take the point before we scored. I thought the referee was dreadful and not only because of the goal and question if this is the standard we have to expect in this league. I thought we edged it as being the better team and slightly disappointed to just take a point especially with a great crowd. However we are looking vulnerable - O'Hara off injured and adding to Wighton, Dorrans and Allan on the injury list. Breen also looked to have taken a knock as well, not what you want with a small squad.

• Upvote 2

All I can think is that McCann kind of clatters into the keeper's back just as he's about to catch the ball. And the ref looks to have had a clear view of it. It's soft, but I can see why he's given the foul. And to be fair, he did blow before the ball was in the net.

EDIT to add the photo below. I mean, I don't really blame the ref tbh. I thought he was pretty good overall.

Screenshot_20220828-131218.png

I was pleasantly surprised at what a good watch the game was from first to last. As a Pars fan, I thought we were unlucky not to edge it - I can`t see why that goal was chalked off right at the end. The more objective part of me thinks Airdrie would have been hard done by if they`d left without a point. They were obviously happy with that, with all the play acting and time wasting after they equalised.

Some things never change. I remember a game in which they had 2 players sent off - Innes MDonald was one - but the 9 men managed to hold out for a draw, with a combination of feigning injury and kicking the ball out of the ground. 🙁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

I was pleasantly surprised at what a good watch the game was from first to last. As a Pars fan, I thought we were unlucky not to edge it - I can`t see why that goal was chalked off right at the end. The more objective part of me thinks Airdrie would have been hard done by if they`d left without a point. They were obviously happy with that, with all the play acting and time wasting after they equalised.

Some things never change. I remember a game in which they had 2 players sent off - Innes MDonald was one - but the 9 men managed to hold out for a draw, with a combination of feigning injury and kicking the ball out of the ground. 🙁

We had the same a few years back at EEP, Coyle and Smith sent off. Still could have won it ended 0-0.

7 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

All I can think is that McCann kind of clatters into the keeper's back just as he's about to catch the ball. And the ref looks to have had a clear view of it. It's soft, but I can see why he's given the foul. And to be fair, he did blow before the ball was in the net.

EDIT to add the photo below. I mean, I don't really blame the ref tbh. I thought he was pretty good overall.

Screenshot_20220828-131218.png

That pic does make it look like a foul - but we all know the camera can lie. 🙁