Pars v Airdrie

Superally

1 hour ago, Boston Red Sox said:

For the first time in a very long time I’ve woken up with a feeling of excitement for going to the pars. Might be misplaced optimism (3-1 DA) but may it bloody continue, looking forward to Charlie’s pre match and setting about these rodents.

Same here.  Mon the beer and optimism

Are we reading too much into our defensive record to date?

Yes to have not conceded so far this league campaign is really good going and we have certainly been more solid than in previous campaigns.

If I were Airdrie though I’d be confident of scoring today.

We had Alloa where we had to clear the ball off the line in the opening minutes, against Montrose Rory McCallister passed up an excellent opportunity to score, and even against Edinburgh City, we let one of their boys in one on one with the keeper.

We’re not as solid at the back as on paper suggests, if you consider these teams came to frustrate rather than necessarily have a good go where we know Airdrie will come with a more attacking mentality, I think they’ll have more opportunities to score and hit the net.

Offensively, don’t think we’ve been that great at all either, didn’t really deserve to beat Alloa, an absolute fluke saved us. Struggled to breakdown Montrose if it wasn’t for Todorov and we couldn’t beat Kelty Hearts…one assured performance against Edinburgh and even then there were disappointments we didn’t punt 6 or 7 in.

I’m just happy that we’ve managed to grind out the results that we’ve had but it’s not sustainable until we bring reinforcements in.

I think there will be a bit of a reality check today and predicting a 0-2 defeat but so hoping I’ll be proven wrong.

On Byrne, I’d have him back in a heartbeat and I think the reasoning DA-go has posted up is a pretty sound way of looking at it.