Pars v Airdrie

Superally

Dont mind getting beat if we play well - its all about the performance. A win will help to improve confidence and a team that has confidence and self belief will always do better than a team that struggles. Equally a defeat may be a reality check and may push the board a bit more to get players in. 

11 minutes ago, Superally said:

Dont mind getting beat if we play well - its all about the performance. A win will help to improve confidence and a team that has confidence and self belief will always do better than a team that struggles. Equally a defeat may be a reality check and may push the board a bit more to get players in. 

I’d rather play ****e and win 😂

9 minutes ago, Al k said:

Saw the replay twice and can't see what was wrong with that. 

Fair result I would argue, another Jammie goal. Its not just some midfield creativity we need. Woefull upfront dropped a league and they're just as bad. 

I didn't see what was wrong, but tbh, in that kind of scenario, with everyone jostling, there might easily have been something. Also, I'm fairly sure both that one, and our goal should have been called a a foul throw, Edwards was miles over the line both times and a few more in between.

Good performance I thought, especially the first 20 minutes and again after Airdrie scored. Showed a lot of spirit and effort, which is good to see.

Disappointing not to win, but I'd say it's the best performance I've seen from us this season.

Really glad McDonald made the most of his start, and I hope that he'll be there next week too.

My first game of the season and I thought we were poor for a lot of the game bar the opening and closing quarters. The midfield is crying out for someone who can carry the ball and beat a man. A midfield of Todd Mochrie and McDonald wont cut it . While I thought McDonald ( my MoM) Hamilton and Edwards all had very good games I was really disappointed with Mochrie’s contribution, I expected much more of him. 

I’d disagree that we were poor. 2 good teams and an end to end game, both teams had good chances and we have been robbed of 2 points at the end there. Thought Todd and Hamilton were poor and midfield was overrun at times. McDonald and Todorov had very good games. Edwards too but he’s just consistently good every week for us 

James McPake started the game with his usual plan B and I didn’t the no it worked well against a team that wanted to attack. There were many times that Airdrie had an extra man in a wide area but they couldn’t take advantage. Airdrie seemed to change gears in the second half and started time wasting which I think helped us.

I thought we were unlucky not to win based on chances created but it was worrying seeing O’Hara go off injured with Wighton already out. Reinforcements are badly needed.

Thought it was an enjoyable game of fitba, we were ok and often good at points. If that’s the best the league has to offer, even with the squad as is, then we will do just fine. Hearing there may be 3 incomers this week which will hopefully balance us off a bit. Charlie D’s pre match was good craic, good to meet a few on here and get a bit of a sing song. Match day experience is getting a whole lot better again.  

Edited by Boston Red Sox