Dorrans gone

Al k

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Fail to win any of the next three games (QoS and Clyde away followed by Falkirk at home) and I think the fans will become very very restless. 

That says more about the fans than anything else given our current position and start to the season.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Digs said:

That says more about the fans than anything else given our current position and start to the season.

Think more to do with the poor transfer window and the way the club has been run he means. We have started well but it was clear from watching the performances that we needed to add around 4 players to be in with a chance of winning the league.

• Upvote 1

"The fans" may have done what was asked of them - whatever that means.

But "the fans" also went off their heads at Ayr and Dumfries, spat at the chairman up town, put a nail through his tyre, forced his resignation and, allegedly, dissuaded other potential investors from putting money in.

In short, I don't think you can bracket everyone together.  I also don't think it's helpful having an "us and them" mentality.  We've sold a decent amount of season tickets, but inflation is at an all time high and God knows where it's going to go this winter. 

It's not quite as simple to say we've done our bit so Cook, who is also a Pars fan, should sanction whatever cash it takes to bring in players who otherwise wouldn't drop to League One.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

Think more to do with the poor transfer window and the way the club has been run he means. We have started well but it was clear from watching the performances that we needed to add around 4 players to be in with a chance of winning the league.

No-one disputes we need players though, and I'd disagree that the performances have been poor generally, Kelty aside, which was rotten.

If folk start going daft, what does it achieve? There is a month to get some deals done, and I agree we can't go through the season like this, but we know the situation, we've been told the reasons why and what is going on, and we have performed well to this point so going daft if we fail to win in any of the next three games is ludicrous. We're going to lose at some point.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

"The fans" may have done what was asked of them - whatever that means.

But "the fans" also went off their heads at Ayr and Dumfries, spat at the chairman up town, put a nail through his tyre, forced his resignation and, allegedly, dissuaded other potential investors from putting money in.

This is wrong “the fans” didn’t carry out the heinous actions against the former chairman, a handful of thugs did. I don’t know anyone who condones their behaviour and it should not be used to balance out the great support that has been shown for the club this season through the purchase of season tickets.

15 minutes ago, Digs said:

No-one disputes we need players though, and I'd disagree that the performances have been poor generally, Kelty aside, which was rotten.

If folk start going daft, what does it achieve? There is a month to get some deals done, and I agree we can't go through the season like this, but we know the situation, we've been told the reasons why and what is going on, and we have performed well to this point so going daft if we fail to win in any of the next three games is ludicrous. We're going to lose at some point.

I don't think we played that well against Montrose and Alloa either,I wouldn't have had any complaints if they games ended in a draw. 

34 minutes ago, Number Eleven said:

This is wrong “the fans” didn’t carry out the heinous actions against the former chairman, a handful of thugs did. I don’t know anyone who condones their behaviour and it should not be used to balance out the great support that has been shown for the club this season through the purchase of season tickets.

That's kind of the point I'm making, albeit perhaps not as eloquently as I'd like.  I don't think any individual can claim "the fans deserve better" and then distance themselves from "the fans" who abused the players and the chairman".  We're individuals, and we speak for ourselves.

I've bought a season ticket.  In that way, I've done my bit.  It doesn't mean I automatically think I deserve better than what's been served up.  I'd like it to be better for sure, but I accept it is what it is.  I think everyone at board level are doing their best to make it better.  They have got it wrong over the last year and are now trying to learn from the mistakes that have been made.  Hopefully, they get it right this time.  They might not though. 

I might have a different take if I thought there was an alternative agenda or people at the helm who didn't want what is best for the club, but I don't think that's the case.  

25 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

That's kind of the point I'm making, albeit perhaps not as eloquently as I'd like.  I don't think any individual can claim "the fans deserve better" and then distance themselves from "the fans" who abused the players and the chairman".  We're individuals, and we speak for ourselves.

I've bought a season ticket.  In that way, I've done my bit.  It doesn't mean I automatically think I deserve better than what's been served up.  I'd like it to be better for sure, but I accept it is what it is.  I think everyone at board level are doing their best to make it better.  They have got it wrong over the last year and are now trying to learn from the mistakes that have been made.  Hopefully, they get it right this time.  They might not though. 

I might have a different take if I thought there was an alternative agenda or people at the helm who didn't want what is best for the club, but I don't think that's the case.  

I agree that each fan is an individual but there are groups within the fan base. There is a group who have bought season tickets and done so in great numbers given last season’s performance and the economic climate. This, along with other income streams has created a budget but the club has not been able to recruit as many players as we would like.

There’s still a few weeks to rectify the position but if there is a run of bad form and if this coincides with some absences it would seem perfectly reasonable for the shortcomings in recruitment to be criticised. In the same way, if our good form continues and the club manages to bring in 3 or 4 good quality players for the longer term they should be complimented for sticking to their guns.