Clyde v Pars

Superally

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Aye, total joke, whoever’s admin should be removed, shouldn’t be forcing their views as representative or the club

Maybe it is representative of the club.  Most clubs' social media across the UK are doing the same thing.

Not saying that it is right though.  My wife has already called me heartless for posting "God must have been busy" on social media.  Although kind of understandable given my wife is from the same country.

Football authorities across the UK will be deciding today/tomorrow whether matches are to be cancelled. If it's a 10-day official morning period then we could see the Falkirk game go as well as the Clyde game.  Postponement of the Falkirk game would cost DAFC a fair amount of money as it will likely end up midweek. So I hope it goes ahead but it must be in jeopardy.  Of course if we could just sign a couple of players then the time would not be entirely wasted. 

There are clearly going to be a range of views. My perspective is that those who want to mourn should be allowed to do so, and those who don't shouldn't have to. None of it is worth having Pars fans fall out over it. On the upside, I've just bought a Britbox subscription and have started to binge watch Bergerac, whose car I've lusted after for 40 years. 

• Upvote 5

Can't see the Falkirk game going ahead now It will probably clash with a state funeral. It could be easily scheduled for a free weekend that has been set out for a cup game. Even if it's midweek the demand is such and given the close proximity of Dunfermline and Falkirk I don't think it will be a significant loss. 

I agree with The Roy Barry Fan Club regardless of where you stand regarding the monarchy people have the right to mourn and should be respected to be able to do so. It is what it is and for Pars fans it's not worth falling out about it.   

3 minutes ago, Superally said:

Can't see the Falkirk game going ahead now It will probably clash with a state funeral. It could be easily scheduled for a free weekend that has been set out for a cup game. Even if it's midweek the demand is such and given the close proximity of Dunfermline and Falkirk I don't think it will be a significant loss. 

I agree with The Roy Barry Fan Club regardless of where you stand regarding the monarchy people have the right to mourn and should be respected to be able to do so. It is what it is and for Pars fans it's not worth falling out about it.   

Are Pars fans falling out over it?

2 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Are Pars fans falling out over it?

Yes, some of the stuff on the clubs Facebook page is akin to a Celtic & Rangers love in, with counter abuse, inclusive of the child abuse aspect they love to point score over. Whatever an individuals view, that level of 'debate' personally turns my stomach. 

• Upvote 1

Why football should be cancelled I cannot fathom. Why is it disrespectful for people to get on with their lives? 

Quite frankly, nothing stopped when members of my family or anyone else on here (assuming this board is royal free) and rightly so. 

Let those who want to mourn. Let those who it has not affected get on with it. That's not the same as being disrespectful. 

• Upvote 8

57 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

Why football should be cancelled I cannot fathom. Why is it disrespectful for people to get on with their lives? 

Quite frankly, nothing stopped when members of my family or anyone else on here (assuming this board is royal free) and rightly so. 

Let those who want to mourn. Let those who it has not affected get on with it. That's not the same as being disrespectful. 

That's fair comment. 

Didn't dislike her. She seemed to be a hard worker and kept her head down? I didn't know her personally, so don't feel any grief - how can you?

Life goes on and cancelling games this weekend is nonsense, in my opinion. By all means, sport can stop today as a mark of respect, but that should be it.

PS - I'm at work, so what's the difference? 

• Upvote 2