Clyde v Pars

Superally

6 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Didn't dislike her. She seemed to be a hard worker and kept her head down? I didn't know her personally, so don't feel any grief - how can you?

Life goes on and cancelling games this weekend is nonsense, in my opinion. By all means, sport can stop today as a mark of respect, but that should be it.

PS - I'm at work, so what's the difference? 

Exactly. Why should everything else we enjoy stop but are made to work? If it’s that big a deal everywhere should be closer to let us ‘mourn’ 

3 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

Why football should be cancelled I cannot fathom. Why is it disrespectful for people to get on with their lives? 

Quite frankly, nothing stopped when members of my family or anyone else on here (assuming this board is royal free) and rightly so. 

Let those who want to mourn. Let those who it has not affected get on with it. That's not the same as being disrespectful. 

53 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Didn't dislike her. She seemed to be a hard worker and kept her head down? I didn't know her personally, so don't feel any grief - how can you?

Life goes on and cancelling games this weekend is nonsense, in my opinion. By all means, sport can stop today as a mark of respect, but that should be it.

PS - I'm at work, so what's the difference? 

These both sum up my feelings on it. I'm generally perpelexed at the clamour to be the most in grief when stuff like this happens. If you didn't know the person how can you feel a loss? It's mind boggling to me. 

If you can go to work then I don't see why your free time and things you enjoy doing in them should have to cease either if that's what you choose to do. Who will be offended by football carrying on? And if you are, don't go and don't watch, much in the same way that I will have my normal TV off and will be solely streaming for the next two weeks so I don't have to watch it.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Piracy said:

Yes, some of the stuff on the clubs Facebook page is akin to a Celtic & Rangers love in, with counter abuse, inclusive of the child abuse aspect they love to point score over. Whatever an individuals view, that level of 'debate' personally turns my stomach. 

Jeez Louise... Glad I've missed that nonsense.

I don’t follow the reason for postponing this weekend’s fixtures as I’m sure the Queen had no interest in football, especially not third tier Scottish football and the games will be played at a later date.

I think it would be a better tribute for people to carry on as normal, keep doing their best and treating others with kindness.

37 minutes ago, Number Eleven said:

I don’t follow the reason for postponing this weekend’s fixtures as I’m sure the Queen had no interest in football, especially not third tier Scottish football and the games will be played at a later date.

I think it would be a better tribute for people to carry on as normal, keep doing their best and treating others with kindness.

Because it helps perpetuate the myth that EVERYONE is mourning...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

British horse racing starting back on Sunday. Yet all football cancelled for the whole weekend. Seen a tweet that they full expect Tuesday EFL games to go ahead. We should be fine for the Falkirk game, as that would completely be taking the **** if that’s off 

Fiver says it's off.

11 minutes ago, lambo1885 said:

Both Cricket and Rugby still on....

Edit - Must be English rugby, as just heard Scottish rugby's off as well.

Yeah, Scottish rugby jumped the gun yesterday, then Eng Prem and Eng FL today, followed embarrassingly soon after by the SPFL.

But then Great North Run, English Rugby and English Cricket all announced the go ahead on Saturday.