Thomas Tuchel

Deutsch Par

5 hours ago, Digs said:

How it started: Here's £255m to spend

How it's going: See you later Thomas..

I saw a theory that the new Chelsea owner, Todd Boehly (since May 22), never wanted Tuchel (appointed Jan 21) and was just looking for the moment to dump him. Also that Tuchel was gradually less and less involved in the recent transfers.

Definitely sounds like they have someone else in mind - Pochettino or Graham Potter at Brighton seem to be the favourites.

There's a lot of speculation and unconfirmed rumours that Tuchel had ****ed off some of his squad. I'd like to hear his version of events, but there are some £20m reasons why we almost certainly won't. As others have pointed out, to spend £225m and then sack the manager less than a week after the transfer window closed is tantamount to lunacy.

3 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Potter has apparently agreed to take the job. Bad news for Billy Gilmour, who just left Chelsea for Brighton! Maybe they'll buy him back in January.

I was just saying earlier that Gilmour must be gutted. There's no gaurantee the new manager will play him and he could end up back where he was, game time-wise.