Lovely to see Celtic and the blue lot getting utterly papped in Europe

SanguinePar

• The title was changed to Lovely to see Celtic and the blue lot getting utterly papped in Europe
9 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Don’t agree, shows how sh1te Scottish football really is.

Rangers maybe did but Celtic definitely not. They were unlucky not to be in front, hit the post and put Madrid under some really good pressure. 

Madrid, the Current holders let’s not forget, upped their game and played some spectacular stuff in the second half and just kept the ball. They were outstanding second half. Whilst the win was justified, the score didn’t reflect the game IMO.

Rangers on the other hand we’re an utter disgrace and should have lost by more. Their defending was laughable. 

• Upvote 1

Why as a fan of a club playing in the Scottish third tier would you give a **** how Scottish football is perceived? It’s absolutely hilarious seeing the Old Firm get a piece of their own medicine. The irony of GVB and fans of both clubs complaining about the unfairness of the financial disparity in the CL is the icing on the delicious cake of failure. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Why as a fan of a club playing in the Scottish third tier would you give a **** how Scottish football is perceived? It’s absolutely hilarious seeing the Old Firm get a piece of their own medicine. The irony of GVB and fans of both clubs complaining about the unfairness of the financial disparity in the CL is the icing on the delicious cake of failure. 

Yip backwater mentality really works. Like to see any Scottish club do well in European competitions irrespective of my views on them. Really don’t get the enjoyment in watching a Scottish team fail but each to their own I guess.

3 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Yip backwater mentality really works. Like to see any Scottish club do well in European competitions irrespective of my views on them. Really don’t get the enjoyment in watching a Scottish team fail but each to their own I guess.

I could never bring myself to cheer on two clubs who literally thrive on sectarianism. That’s just something I could never be comfortable with. As you say though, each to their own if that’s your thing. 

1 hour ago, Boston Red Sox said:

These three Scottish clubs have held back Scottish football for decades. The more the fail, the better for the league as a whole.

I'll cheer any Scottish team in Europe except them and Falkirk.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Van Bronkhorst said, "you need hundreds of millions to compete in the CL." 😃

The other 40 Scottish League clubs must experience similar emotions whenever they have to play these clubs. Beaten before the kick off. 

Eta. Nice to be back - didn't know what the hell was going on for a few days. 😃

Edited by GG Riva
  • Upvote 1