Chris Mochrie

Digs

36 minutes ago, Grant said:

There's a poster on PnB who seems to post exclusively about Mochrie, he was spot on with his transfer in the summer, he's evidently either a pal or a family member. 

He's posted saying there's clubs in the league of Ireland, and the championship wanting him, he'll be away in January. 

Actually think the midfield looks more balanced without him playing tbh

20 minutes ago, Par_fect said:

Are you basing that on a win against Arbroath's B team ?

No, basing it on that mochrie rarely tracks back when playing out wide leaving whoever’s side it is exposed. Also with Hamilton sitting it allows our other midfielders to push on and gives the defence extra protection. Genuinely think the team has a better structure to it 

1 hour ago, Par_fect said:

Are you basing that on a win against Arbroath's B team ?

There's allot to go off tbf. 

32 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

If Mochrie leaves, I don't think we can dress it up as good news.

Good news? Even though I don't think he's in our strongest eleven, he's undoubtedly a good player and handy to have around. 

I'm far more concerned at Edwards and Todd leaving... 

15 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

He will be missed if he does get recalled and loaned out elsewhere.

Still think he should have added a few more goals for us.

Yeah i agree, Think there was a lot more to come as he got more experienced. The poster did say that clubs were interested dosnt mean he will go. He does seem to have a great relationship with Mcpake who will be confident of talking him into staying im sure.

29 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

If United were thinking about recalling him and sending him elsewhere then would they have let him play in the Scottish Cup?

Also if they are serious about him developing they would leave him at East End as I struggle to see a more ideal place for him.

Dundee Utd won't plan on recalling him to Utd so the Scottish Cup won't mean hee haw to them. 

And from Utds perspective they'll want him playing against the highest quality of player week in, week out. 

This got me wondering.

Aidan Keena, was 19 when we had him on loan from Hearts for a short spell, four years ago. Hearts surprisingly recalled him after a dozen games for us, but he struggled to make his mark and signed for Hartlepool and then Falkirk. It's not been until this season, that he seems to have fulfilled his potential at Sligo Rovers, with 18 goals in 32 games?

We then have the case of El Bakhtaoui, who was probably badly advised when he stepped too many grades and signed with Dundee? 58 games produced only 6 goals.

I think Dundee Utd should be in no hurry to recall Chris or send him to a Championship club. He's only 19 and a season here and then hopefully a season in the championship with us, would be a good, educational path for him

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 1

I know someone who played with Mochrie at Montrose and when we signed him he didn't think we would be a good fit for him. He thought he was good enough to go to the championship then.

Hopefully Meggle and Cook have been working hard and we have a couple of signings lined up and ready to go on the 1st of January. We had a foreign player over on trial who was at the QOS game wearing a pars tracksuit top and PSG trousers,not sure if hes still here on not.

3 hours ago, rosythpar said:

I know someone who played with Mochrie at Montrose and when we signed him he didn't think we would be a good fit for him. He thought he was good enough to go to the championship then.

Hopefully Meggle and Cook have been working hard and we have a couple of signings lined up and ready to go on the 1st of January. We had a foreign player over on trial who was at the QOS game wearing a pars tracksuit top and PSG trousers,not sure if hes still here on not.

Surely someone who is good enough for the Championship is a pretty good fit for a side trying to win League 1? 

If he was referring to the style of football, that doesn't equate either given that it is completely different to that of last season. 

50 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I'm not saying it would be good news.  

I can't see how he's not in our strongest XI either.  

Didn't make myself clear, I was meaning that while it's not good news, we've lost far bigger players. 

Where do you play him and who do you sacrifice for him in our strongest XI? 

He simply doesn't get in mine. He's not got a nailed down position, for the most part we've given him free reign to go wherever he wants and try anything, in that system he really is the main man for us going forward. And yet for the majority of the season we have looked absolutely insipid going forward, and I think it's at McPakes insistance that we have to fit Mochrie in. 

Now, he as of yet hasn't shown enough as a goal threat, or as a link player to say he should be starting as a strike partner or anything like that, so you're playing him as a ten. As I've said before we don't have any players capable of playing that lone striker role, so that means we should be playing with two strikers, that could be a 41212, I've not seen us play that, not sure it'd work. 

So it'll be the 5212, our two centre mids are going to be Todd and Chalmers, that means we're putting the defensive burden on Chalmers, which is a waste. Mochrie as shown will give absolutely hee haw defensive support. We also aren't playing Hamilton, who helps free up Chalmers and Todd. 

The only way Mochrie is in our strongest starting eleven is if we play with a lopsided 442 IMO, and McPake isn't going to play that. The best we've looked going forward all season was in the Arbroath game, and logically the lineup made sense. Without Mochrie we allowed Wighton, Todorov, Todd, Chalmers and Hamilton to play in there best roles and positions. If you have Mochrie you are then straight away curtailing Wighton and Todd, you then also inevitably ask Chalmers to play more defensively because we aren't playing Hamilton... 

He's an extremely talented football player, but he's got a whole host of improving to do if he ever wants to play in the Prem. 

• Like 1