Football matches cancelled in England

SanguinePar

I am not sure what there is much to get so bothered about.

It was obvious this would be the case. The plans have been in the public realm for years. Do I agree? No. Is there anything I can do in this instance? No.

Will this happen in future? Unlikely I would say. That is the consolation.

24 minutes ago, Deutsch Par said:

I agree with this guy.

When looking at the social history of that era (behind the accepted history)it surprised me the amount of discontent there was at the enforced mourning in 1952.

We seem to have gone backwards in certain respects with regards the death of public figures. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Teuchter said:

When looking at the social history of that era (behind the accepted history)it surprised me the amount of discontent there was at the enforced mourning in 1952.

We seem to have gone backwards in certain respects with regards the death of public figures. 

Everything is a PR game now to pander to the more hysterical parts of the right wing media. It's sickening.

27 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Italian news media reporting that the Queen's funeral has been set for 19th of Sept. That'll be our game v Falkirk off then. 🙁

I wonder if they would be prepared to play us the following day? 🤔 Better than a midweek game for attendance, 

We should play it as scheduled, this farce can’t continue 

35 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Italian news media reporting that the Queen's funeral has been set for 19th of Sept. That'll be our game v Falkirk off then. 🙁

I wonder if they would be prepared to play us the following day? 🤔 Better than a midweek game for attendance, 

The 19th is a Monday so not sure if would prevent the game.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Teuchter said:

We're being overrun by a wave of right wing politics. This whole enforced national mourning is worrying, it's got shades of North Korea about. We (UK public) are becoming ever more divided and polarised with our political views. Sections of society are becoming entrenched and this isn't a modern progressive society, it's a regressive society. The UK is becoming everything I don't want it to become. 

• Upvote 2