Pars v Bairns

Superally

This is what we kinda need to ensure the pars go on….after us auld farts die off. Can remember the days of the resurgence of the pars, Braw time to be a young un at the football

16 yr old 3-0 v Falkirk on Hogmanay whiskey joes capers up the toon before and after it and family New Years party to cap it off. A few more mates through the gates the following weeks off the back of it

Edited by Boston Red Sox
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Secure Par said:

Yep totally agree KS. A female Steward fell and was ok after the goal celebration…. A couple of fans went onto the pitch but again nothing went wrong. 
Glad to see we have the young lads back and I think there will be a lot more as they tell their stories at school tomm😅

The lassie that got knocked over was fine, thankfully. It wasn't malicious in any way, but shouldn't have happened. The stewards in that corner have a good working relationship with the usual crowd that use that area. They generally do a good job and part of that is because they interact with the fans.

I think the bigger issue is overcrowding at the west end of the stand, and I mean people not sticking to their own seats. The younger ones all want in beside their mates. They need to stick to their seats. They also need to stop rushing down the front into that west corner and stay off the pitch. If the club release anything at all on this, this is the message they need to send. Communicate it stressing the need keep up with the passion but stop certain things to prevent damage to the club. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Boston Red Sox said:

This is what we kinda need to ensure the pars go on….after us auld farts die off. Can remember the days of the resurgence of the pars, Braw time to be a young un at the football

16 yr old 3-0 v Falkirk on Hogmanay whiskey joes capers up the toon before and after it and family New Years party to cap it off. A few more mates through the gates the following weeks off the back of it

I agree. We need to see this crowd momentum as an opportunity to build something special at EEP. Not kill it off with the wrong reaction. Manage it through communication and interaction with the fans. I was laughing on Saturday at a bunch of wee laddies down the front of the Norrie. Shirts aff jumping about and singing watching the NW instead of the game. Its vital we keep them coming in. Like you've said, it's a lifetime of memories. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

The lassie that got knocked over was fine, thankfully. It wasn't malicious in any way, but shouldn't have happened. 

I agree it wasn't intentional and she seemed fine afterwards. We dont want to get to a point where if it happens again that a stronger Police presence returns to the ground with the additional costs to the club. Although I suspect they will be present for the future games against Falkirk and Airdrie 

• Upvote 1

The atmosphere was really good on Saturday and this was mainly generated from the NW. I agree that the issue for the club is how to engage this group of fans to keep the positives while removing the negatives, such as items being thrown and trying to get on to the pitch.

Self-policing is so important, there will be natural leaders amongst this group and they need to understand what should be encouraged and what is not permitted and pass on his on to the others.

• Upvote 7