Pars v Peterhead

Superally

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Agree we need changes, but I don’t think there was anything wrong with the middle of the park today and Mochrie and Chalmers were our two best players for me. 

McCann and Todorov are worse than a man down, second touch is a tackle for both of them. The amount of great balls that went begging today across the 6yd-pen spot was unbelievable. 

Thought Todd was pretty non existent tbh and I agree about mochrie and chalmers. We sign wide players and still insist on putting wighton out there 😂, he must be ****ed off never getting a game in his natural position 

We managed to look pedestrian for much of the game, against very modest opposition who were time wasting after less than 20 mins. I left in a state of shock and disbelief at how we managed to blow a 2-0 lead in the last few mins. 

There's a player in Mochrie, his awareness and passing are a cut above any of his team mates. Edwards and Chalmers also got pass marks from me, Joe may have been subbed because he was on a totally undeserved yellow card. 

The ref was  simply abysmal - easily the worst we've been assigned so far. Let's hope we don't clap eyes on him again, any time soon. 

When I watched the team at Pitreavie the 1st team train for 2 hours but only the goalies are staying behind with Alan Main for extra training. 
I realise they will go back to eep for gym work but maybe more time spent coaching them at training on tactics is needed? 
With the team we have they should easily be beating Peterhead at home. 
Could be rusty no playing games but they could easily be organised with another team imo. 

BBA58EA1-0734-4323-A4F2-8809E75E30A9.jpeg.37f6d854c13bb14280da2f234c87249f.jpeg

Edited by Secure Par

7 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Performances haven’t been great apart from queen of the south and Edinburgh city away. We’ve struggled at east end all season and hopefully we can freshen things up for next week. Starting with a 4-4-2 and having natural wingers would make sense 

Performances have been ok imo but we need to score goals with the chances we are creating. 4-4-2 or a 3-5-2 but as you say with wingers that will work hard up and down the pitch. Team need to work harder of the ball and move the ball faster attacking.

Edited by Secure Par

Just now, Secure Par said:

We should never have an off day in this league as full time professional players with what we have should be strolling every game. 
I have watched a drill involving Toderov and his finishing is brutal…. Honestly I couldn’t believe what I was watching…. Mcann wasn’t much better either! Balls were landing in Pitreavie Golf course😅

It was an off day. I never thought the opposition had 2 goals in them given the majority of the game they were more ineffective than us. We really struggled to get the ball forward quickly enough and the lack of sharpness in front of goal has been an issue all season. We'll see a different team v Alloa next week hopefully. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Piracy said:

It was an off day. I never thought the opposition had 2 goals in them given the majority of the game they were more ineffective than us. We really struggled to get the ball forward quickly enough and the lack of sharpness in front of goal has been an issue all season. We'll see a different team v Alloa next week hopefully. 

Agreed. I can't see how he would put out the same starting 11 after his interview after the game. Clearly not happy.