Halbeath Road @ FT

Superally

Not for the first time the Police were noticeably absent at stopping the traffic on Halbeath Road at FT. I saw one person nearly being hit by a car and there is a serious risk of someone being seriously injured. I think we need to know why the Police were not managing this as this is a safety issue.  

• Upvote 4

There was an absolute tube driving at a fair pace west along halbeath road tooting his horn too while at it while crowds coming out.

For as long as I’ve been going to games, Halbeath road has been shut for 10 minutes to let crowds clear.  Why the change?  Will it take some poor bugger to get injured before they realise this is serious?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rossmcno1 said:

There was an absolute tube driving at a fair pace west along halbeath road tooting his horn too while at it while crowds coming out.

For as long as I’ve been going to games, Halbeath road has been shut for 10 minutes to let crowds clear.  Why the change?  Will it take some poor bugger to get injured before they realise this is serious?

Hopefully, this encouraged people to walk directly in front of him, and slower...

If there were wide pavements, I could almost understand it, but on the residential side, you can walk two abreast at most.

2 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I could be havering, but I think the polis were diverting traffic via Garvock Hill after both the Falkirk and Airdrie games. Obviously not worth it when there's such a tiny number of visiting fans. 🤔

If anybody has a better explanation, let's have it.