The Pars v The Wasps

Superally

Wighton was funny on Saturday - he made a choice that most of the crowd didn't like (although I thought it wasn't a bad one, as it could have given us an extra man attacking on the left wing, had Edwards (I think?) played the correct ball immediately after). Then he lost the ball a couple of times and folk were getting on his back.

After that though I thought he did pretty well, with some nice linkup play between the midfield and the forwards. I'd have him in the team again next week.

30 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Wighton was funny on Saturday - he made a choice that most of the crowd didn't like (although I thought it wasn't a bad one, as it could have given us an extra man attacking on the left wing, had Edwards (I think?) played the correct ball immediately after). Then he lost the ball a couple of times and folk were getting on his back.

After that though I thought he did pretty well, with some nice linkup play between the midfield and the forwards. I'd have him in the team again next week.

Agreed, especially on the one with Edwards. I shook my head at the booing on that one. I think his problem is that whether he is or he isn't he just LOOKS lazy. I personally don't think he is, I just think he's a fish out of water getting played where he is.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Digs said:

Agreed, especially on the one with Edwards. I shook my head at the booing on that one. I think his problem is that whether he is or he isn't he just LOOKS lazy. I personally don't think he is, I just think he's a fish out of water getting played where he is.

With all the data if his running stats were  not up to the standard expected I’m pretty sure he’d be nowhere near the team when mcpake demands hard work.   There’s nowhere to hide it.

I think it’s more likely lack of confidence than anything else which won’t be helped by not being in his natural position.

His best spell at the club was as an outright striker under craw.   This season his best spell IMO was playing off of Todorov and McCann at home to Alloa.  He does a good job at picking up the loose ball and trying to create from there IMO.  Perhaps his future is playing the micheal mofat role? Would be nice for him to have a player like Clark or faiss(first spell) to feed tho.

3 hours ago, Digs said:

Yikes. That was supposed to tbe the other way round - Good spot 😂

I just re-read that, Digs and the original post was actually fine. I think I misinterpreted it.vFunny as feck, though. 😃

A couple of commas make it less ambiguous. 

"Wighton up top, with McCann to do the running, might then be the best option.

Edited by GG Riva