The Pars v The Wasps

Superally

26 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

I think there is a lot of frustration etc in the background with no signed players and this academy getting built….. no cash for players and the manager has been told to get on with the team you have.
He’s done a really good job with the team we have and we should be favourites for promotion if there is no injuries etc.

My main question and I’ll probably get a bit of abuse is what is Mr Cook the ceo doing now? He’s got a company to take the name of EEP but there has been nothing after that.

Plus and it’s just an observation why would he move to a Scottish league 1 team from Man City? 

I'm sure McPake said there was cash. The problem was players not wanting to play in league 1.

From what I've heard, there has been a big mis-calculation of how much the training ground was going to cost. I was told that from somebody who was involved in  quoting the club after drawing up plans for the project.

In terms of Cook. I think it's harsh to insinuate he doing nothing. There will be plently day to day issues to deal with that's not news worthy to the fans. I think some of the things he's done early doors is pretty good. The manager appointment looks to be a better choice than our previous selections. Season ticket pricing has ignited the NW. Engaged younger fans and recognised the importance of the NW being full every week.

Edited by Tartan Army Par

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

McPake’s post match interview doesn’t reflect well on him at all tbh. Hopefully an apology will be forthcoming 

Listened to it a couple of times and don't think he answers the questions well. Is that not just a volunteer doing that job? No need to speak to him in that tone.

He thinks he is trying to catch him out but you can tell hes not.

Edited by rosythpar
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

McPake’s post match interview doesn’t reflect well on him at all tbh. Hopefully an apology will be forthcoming 

I think its impossible to argue the interview wasn't very abrupt and strayed into a bit rude.    As a defence I feel McPake generally feels good out of possession work is underappreciated and he feels a need to defend his team/himself when  he feels that if you are applying those aspects of play that you are somehow not playing well.

1 hour ago, Secure Par said:

My main question and I’ll probably get a bit of abuse is what is Mr Cook the ceo doing now? He’s got a company to take the name of EEP but there has been nothing after that.

Plus and it’s just an observation why would he move to a Scottish league 1 team from Man City? 

Cook for me gets the most praise of all our board.   He wasn't here when the disastrous decision making took place and since he come in it feels like professionalism is being added into our off the field activities, particularly in marketing which is his background. 

He came from notts forest i believe?  On a purely career view point there is the the step up from COO to CEO,  It's not uncommon for people to take a step back in terms of company size to take on a greater position,  This gives him an opportunity to thrive in the new role and give him an improved CV to present to other clubs if he can point to not only a show of success in smaller roles at a high level but success when he's taken on the big job.   On a personal level he's a pars fan himself and I believe there was a hint in an interview or two that he had personal matters that meant he needed to move back to fife to be in a better position to manage that. I have no Idea what those personal matters are but I can think of several dozen different options where no matter how talented a professional you are you make the decision based on your family and try to have the best career you can with those circumstances to manage.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Worth watching Alloa's own highlights video too, has a few incidents not featured on ours including a comedy kick-off, a pretty decent penalty shout for Alloa, and some extra second angle replays that aren't on ours (especially Mehmetcs two saves).

Penalty shout was flagged for offside