The Pars v The Wasps

Superally

14 hours ago, Piracy said:

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Manager+post+Alloa&ID=13992

He came across as a right dick there being honest. Why try and make it difficult for a volunteer interviewer?

The lad was doing a job, I'm disappointed in him. 

Agreed, he sounds like he can't be bothered answering questions, and isn't polite enough to just fake it. At times he sounds openly hostile.

He directly contradicts the line of questioning, even though it's inviting him to praise his players. And he's flat out wrong about Mehmet only making one good save - from the highlights there were at least 3.

He then goes on to say that's DM's job, before seconds later going out of his way to praise Fisher, presumably for doing his own job.

I can't believe that the interviewer felt compelled to apologise for one question, that should never be the case.

Hopefully JM was just having a bad moment, we all get them, but this sort of attitude isn't what the Pars should be about IMO. Very disappointing.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Secure Par said:

Honestly we had a manager that did an interview that praised his team and won 3-0. 
Imo who cares what the other team thinks/interviewer come accross as? 
We won and let’s move onto the next game👏👏👏 

It's more that (IMO) he made the interviewer feel small, with his challenging and unnecessarily dismissive tone. 

It's also that he seemed to go out of his way to avoid praising one player, while lavishing praise on another.

I'm glad of the win and I'm generally pretty pleased with McPake so far. But that doesn't mean handwaving it when he's acting like a pri*k.

8 hours ago, Secure Par said:

Let’s just remember back to that bampot Peter Grant then the John Hughes  interview… thinking back what was the club thinking of😳

I like McPake and he just comes accross as a good manager sticking up for his team. 
I think he has not had his way with signings and maybe caused a problem with the board but he’s doing his job to the best.

James McPake is a competent manager for me so far. I like what's he doing and have liked what he's had to say. He is definitely passionate about the game and there was needle between the benches last Saturday.

But he deliberately made that interview awkward. It wasn't what he said, it was the deliberate effort to make an arse of the guy. He should be better than that. Only my opinion. 

• Upvote 3

Mehmet and Breen were signed by Grant and are now doing well

Chalmers was signed by Hughes. Todd, Allan and McCann were given extensions by Hughes.

Hughes and especially, Grant, were always polite during their interviews and understood the importance of ParsTV to the community. Grant went out of his way to personally phone members of ParsTV, physios and scouts, after he was sacked, to thank them for their help and support. 

Yes, it didn't work out on the pitch as we all would have liked, but let's have a balanced view.

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 1

McPark praised Fisher as he signed him.  He praises Wighton because he's known him for years.

You won't hear him give any credit to anyone other than his people, hence why Mehmet was "just doing his job".

I've no idea if that's correct.  But just thought I'd throw it out there so that it becomes perceived wisdom and then, further down the line, 100% fact...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1