The Pars v The Wasps

Superally

5 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

No they must have been let go.

I had to leave before the training started but he was from down south manc accent young lad. 

I get the impression we’re prime targets for any agent desperately trying to get their player a pro offer, and due to lack of numbers mcpake will quite happily take the extra body or two at training.   If they turn out to be be decent then he’ll be delighted, otherwise its pretty harmless and keeps him on the right side of agents. 

When I watched us train at Rosyth we had two on trial, obviously not offered anything. 

We usually end up using the loan market rather than offering a trialist anything. 

Think we could be doing with another striker, easier said than done. Wighton isn't fit and O'Hara out until December. McCann also misses far too many chances. Todorov not the best on the ball but probably the most likely to score atm. 

Someone I go with thinks we will be 10 points ahead by Christmas which will make it easier to attract players in January. I am not so confident,we are coming into some hard away games in the next quarter of fixtures.

6 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Someone I go with thinks we will be 10 points ahead by Christmas which will make it easier to attract players in January. I am not so confident, we are coming into some hard away games in the next quarter of fixtures.

No chance we are 10 points clear.

All going well I think we keep things going at the current standard until the halfway point,  then we look to kick on over January/February and built a little gap before confirming things with 3/4 games to go.  Anything beyond that is sheer delusion. Anything that gives us promotion will rightly be celebrated. 

6 hours ago, parsforlife said:

No chance we are 10 points clear.

All going well I think we keep things going at the current standard until the halfway point,  then we look to kick on over January/February and built a little gap before confirming things with 3/4 games to go.  Anything beyond that is sheer delusion. Anything that gives us promotion will rightly be celebrated. 

I think if we can average around about 19/20 points for every quarter of fixtures we should be champions.

We still have to play Clyde from the first 9 games, I would have liked us to have taken more points from the home fixtures. 

It's going to be very tight all the way.

1 hour ago, Rossmcno1 said:

We absolutely should be 6 points clear at least considering some of the draws we’ve had where we should have won.  Still don’t think we’re performing as we should be - that said 10 points ahead is a tad…optimistic 😂

I think at the beginning of the season there would be very few thinking we would be in the position we are especially after the first quarter.  The team that is most consistent is the team most likely be promoted

1 hour ago, Eastendtales said:

League wrapped up and in bed with a hot gluhwein by Christmas.

Only if we sort out the lack of goals, otherwise it could be a long season. To be unbeaten is great but we have hardly set the league alight and got very lucky in the first few games. 

Every team in this league is awful but as little as the opposition have offered we haven't offered much either bar The Edinburgh and the QOTS games. I think team's have figured out they just need to sit back now. We are offering more creativity than the Alloa and Montrose games at the start but our Strikers are awful. If that's confidence, lack of skill or both I'm not sure. 

Will wait to see where we are after the next round of games. We are top at the moment, long may it continue. COYP

3 hours ago, Deutsch Par said:

I looked back at the previous seasons in League 1 other than the covid affected years.  If we collect points at our current rate we will end the season on 70 points which has only been good enough to top the table twice.

72.  Which is only occasionally less than what 2nd place get.  

We don't need to set records, we just need to get more points than everyone else,  which on PPG We currently edge out Edinburgh slightly on GD.   

There's a hell of a long way to go,  I think we'd be wise to take things week by week.  The lets look to win at recs and work from there.