Montrose v The Pars

Superally

The Pars head to Montrose for the second encounter and face the guile of Stewart Petrie on his home turf looking to reverse the 1-0 defeat at EEP. Montrose where one of the strongest teams last season in League 1 and look be so again siting in the top four 4 points off the Pars although we have a Tuesday mid-week match. The form book over the past four games almost matches the Pars with a defeat, two wins and a draw with Falkirk on their last outing over the season they have scored 17 goals and they have the second best defence in the league conceding 10. However, the Pars Away form this season is impressive winning 3 games and drawing 1 with the Pars miserly defence still having to concede a single goal away from home. Once again this will be a tough away fixture but McPake has to ensure the Pars win against teams that are closest to us. I think the Pars will still remain undefeated with a 2-1 win. COYP

• Upvote 2

I would take a draw here if we can win against Clyde tomorrow. 

I was impressed by Andrew Steeves and Lewis Milne when we played them at home. 

Think we will take a good support up with us,a few buses leaving early and will probably be a few on the 1030 train from Inverkeithing. We are heading up on the Friday and making a weekend out of it.

12 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

Hardest fixture so far. Worried by our lack of depth up front now, might need to play one of Todorov or Wighton from the start as I'm not sure Wighton is ready for 90 yet.

I think Wighton will be fine. He looked sharp last night, worked back well when we didn't have the ball and was unlucky with a couple of his other attempts after his goal. 

Only my second away game of the season on Saturday, looking forward to it. I reckon he will go back to the 1-1 up front again. 

He is using kid gloves with Wighton I think and won't expect him to play 90. From his interview last night they are clearly seeing improvements in fitness and sharpness in him in training and are excited about getting him back to full sharpness. Last nights goal, for me, showed how he is by far and way the best finisher at the club. So composed and it was a pass into the net. Todorov and McCann should take heed. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I'd be inclined to go a little more cautious and start with Hamilton

I agree, the midfield at times was way to open last night and at times it looked like Chalmers was isolated as Todd and Mochrie were quite wide and pushing high up the park, fortunately Clyde were poor and didn't take advantage of some of the good positions they got into(mainly in the first half)

Edited by the saline hill puma

5 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

I agree, the midfield at times was way to open last night, fortunately Clyde were poor and didnt take advantage of good positions they got into

yes i agree, with Mochrie playing No.10, Todd needed to be more disciplined at times. It left Chalmers on his own, Think Mcpake tried to address this as Mochrie played more of a CM in the 2nd half before going up top later.

21 hours ago, Digs said:

Only my second away game of the season on Saturday, looking forward to it. I reckon he will go back to the 1-1 up front again. 

He is using kid gloves with Wighton I think and won't expect him to play 90. From his interview last night they are clearly seeing improvements in fitness and sharpness in him in training and are excited about getting him back to full sharpness. Last nights goal, for me, showed how he is by far and way the best finisher at the club. So composed and it was a pass into the net. Todorov and McCann should take heed. 

Agreed, expect Hamilton to be in for Wighton and Mochrie to play just off Todorov.

the only other alternative I can see would be sticking with the starting 11, but have Mahon as a sub for a striker if need be, but that feels light to me.