Montrose v The Pars

Superally

17 minutes ago, Digs said:

100% this ^ - Came on to post pretty much that.

I keep seeing words like 'luck' and 'awful' getting bandied about regarding half of our performances, we are top of the league! By definition, we can't be any higher and the only thing that could have been improved on is if we had won every game, which is unrealistic for any team. 

If we had been offered top of the league at the start of the season with our first defeat not coming until the second last Saturday in October, we'd all have bitten their hand off. Show me someone who says otherwise and I'll show you a liar. 

We should all remember how far we have come in the last few months, given it took another two weeks into the season for us to win our first game last season. This year is about one thing and one thing only - Promotion. If we go the whole season scraping 1-0 wins with goals going in off defenders backsides to win the league, I will take that all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

Get up, then next year, we can get on with building a Championship squad capable of competing, with players who will now see us as an attractive proposition again, and go from there. 

Silky football is great to watch, and we've actually played a fair amount of decent stuff, but we will be seeing much more of the scrappy stuff, so get used to it. We're not Man City. We're a Scottish League One team in a scrap to get out of a league we don't want to find ourselves in, professionally, or financially. Promotion is the only thing that matters to the club.

Great post

It’s staggering the mediocrity Pars fans are willing to accept because we’ve been ****e for years. The quality in this division, us included, is utterly, utterly atrocious. Edin City a side who sneaked up through the play offs last season are looking like challengers, for goodness sake. Performances have been borderline disgraceful at times and I include some of the wins in that category. If we continue like this I absolutely guarantee we won’t win the league as our luck will definitely run out long before then and that’s before we suffer from injuries and suspensions. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

It’s staggering the mediocrity Pars fans are willing to accept because we’ve been ****e for years. The quality in this division, us included, is utterly, utterly atrocious. Edin City a side who sneaked up through the play offs last season are looking like challengers, for goodness sake. Performances have been borderline disgraceful at times and I include some of the wins in that category. If we continue like this I absolutely guarantee we won’t win the league as our luck will definitely run out long before then and that’s before we suffer from injuries and suspensions. 

Dont agree- We have been the better team in every game this season bar the falkirk one which was 50/50 and id say Montrose was 50/50

We played into Montrose's hands on Saturday by going long ourselves too much, we should have kept it on the deck, but even saying that we created more chances than they did, Todorov missing a sitter,

we and Falkirk will break away from the pack at some point and then it will be a straight shootout

5 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Got to agree about the mediocrity, football has been shocking at east end since the play off game at tannadice in the 17/18 season. We’ve been on the slide for years and I still feel sorry for Mcpake as he’s had to work with players that were under contract that otherwise would’ve been shown the door without hesitation. However I do agree with digs in saying that it’s literally just about getting up then we can have a proper clear out hopefully in the championship. Performances for me do need to improve as our luck of playing poor and winning will run out 

• Upvote 2

On 23/10/2022 at 10:59, livipar2 said:

Agreed. He is also a liability when we don’t have the ball as he bottles every 50/50.  That said he is pretty much our only creative player and entertaining to watch. Needs to work on his finishing though.

Mcpake in the paper saying Mochrie is getting targeted and needs more protection from Refs, would love to know how many fouls/bookings he has drawn

I felt last week the ref thought he’d gone a bit hard with a few early booking and decided to ease off, he didn’t however consider that he given those booking to just one team.  That approach frustrates me, I think as ref the tone you set early on should be what you referee the entire  game by.

On mochrie, attacking fouls is a compliment and it’s up to us to take advantage of the set pieces.