Pars v Kelty Hearts

Superally

After losing our unbeaten record away to Montrose we now face local rivals Kelty Hearts at EEP. The last outing for both teams ended in a 0-0 draw and while John Potters Kelty had a torrid opening to the season they do appear to resolved those early issues and now sit 7th in the league table. Recent form has seen them over the past four games rise up the form table with 3 wins and 1 loss including an impressive home 3-2 win against Falkirk. Overall Kelty have scored 11 goals less than anyone else in the league (except Peterhead) but they have conceded 18 goals in the process. The Pars form of late despite their unbeaten record and sitting a point clear at the top of the league has fallen away slightly. The defence has been king losing just 6 goals over the league campaign thus far, however we could do with being more ruthless in front of goal and should be doing much better that the 17 goals scored so far. It all suggests that once again despite home advantage that this will be another tough game for the Pars. Although our away record is better than home atm I think the Pars should have enough to win narrowly - It all depends on how we react to last weeks defeat. 2-1 Pars win for me.

I watched them play a bounce game last week against The Swifts. Swifts won 2-1. There were 7 1st team players in the squad with 4/5 on the pitch at one time, including Cardle, McNab, Thomson, and the big striker whose name escapes me but was an absolute diddy. Swifts had an average age of 20 in their team. They barely created a chance, and the one they did score from was a mistake from Hillfield, who also missed a couple of other sitters to make it more.

I'm not reading a huge amount into it, but I've not been that impressed when I've seen them. Even against us, we huffed and puffed in what was probably our worst performance of the season, and they still couldn't score.

Our big pitch should help us, as long as we can get some width this week, which after Saturday, I'm sure they will be working on.

This could be a key game, testing how the players respond to their first league reverse of the season. Kelty’s form seems to have improved and they come to East End with considerable Pars experience in the squad.

My hope is that Kelty come for a match, rather than sitting in and the Pars can enjoy the better of a more open game.