Pars v Kelty Hearts

Superally

It was a good strike but I thought it was indicative of our defensive play overall. I thought we sat off far too much and played too deep all day.

Conversely, I thought our play on the ball is probably some of the best football we’ve played all season. The football for both goals was great and sliced Kelty open like a knife through butter and the ball from Mochrie to Comrie for the second goal was different class. Their keeper made theee good saves off Todorov, McDonald and Wighton with only one from Mehmet that wasn’t bread and butter.

Overall, deserved win, with Comrie, Mochrie and Wighton (pleased for him for his performance today) the best of the bunch. 

Next week though, we absolutely cannot sit off like we did today or it will be a repeat of the first 45 mins against them at East End. 

On a side note, Higgy would have had to taken an axe to someone to get booked today. Committed a foul every time he challenged for a header, and gave away foul after foul and somehow, in a game where the ref was dishing out cards like Hallmark, he somehow didn’t get booked 🤷‍♂️

Great result today, especially with Edinburgh dropping points. Some great goals and almost goals too, with our winner being a thing of beauty. Would have loved Wighton to have stuck it away after his solo run later, but never mind. And a big shout to Mehmet for a couple of vital saves, especially from Higgy.

Kelty look a pretty decent side, Agyeman in particular. And Cardle still looks like a player.

Good stuff, COYP!

Kelty were the better team 1st half, as we scored against the run of play. Much more urgency 2nd half and unlucky not to go 2 ahead after good dribbling by Wighton. First time seeing us this season and it great being top of the league just now, but I'm afraid we not looking like champions atm. Don't know if the site has a glitch just now, but was getting this message all afternoon when I was out.

Screenshot_2022-10-29-15-51-46.png

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

Kelty were the better team 1st half, as we scored against the run of play. Much more urgency 2nd half and unlucky not to go 2 ahead after good dribbling by Wighton. First time seeing us this season and it great being top of the league just now, but I'm afraid we not looking like champions atm. Don't know if the site has a glitch just now, but was getting this message all afternoon when I was out.

That's a known issue for some users on occasion.  Clearing the cache normally sorts it out.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

Don't worry about it Scottyboy, it is because we have decided to gang up on you, happy halloween.

• Upvote 3