Falkirk v Pars

Superally

It's practically impossible to call this game. It could go either way, so perhaps another draw is the most likely result. Statistically, draws are less likely than home or away wins, however.

It may come down to McPake's team selection and tactics on the day. Like other posters on this thread, I'd like to see us play with a back 4 and Hamilton in front of them. That should make us hard to beat and provide a platform to possibly win the game. 

3pts would be a massive but not impossible result, as Kelty recently showed. 

This quarter was always going to be tough away from home,I would be happy enough with a draw. 

Spoke to O'Hara at full time on Saturday and said it will be December he will be back but he still had the moon boot on. Let's hope we dont add anymore players to the injury list. Hopefully able to bring a few players in January.

1 hour ago, livipar2 said:

My concern is our wafer thin squad which gives little scope for changes off the bench.

Not sure that can be backed up. I agree the squad is light, and we need more in, in January, but he is able to make changes to the set up and formation in order to change a game with the players he has. He’s done it in multiple games this season and one of those was the last Falkirk game where we went from chasing the ball for 45 mins to dominating the second half.

6 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I dont think McPake is that keen on bringing the boy we have on loan from Rangers on the park. He did seem a bit lightweight vs Peterhead. 

It does seem strange that neither have gotten much game time, but other than Montrose, the team has been OK going forward. I'm not sure their parent clubs would see much benefit in them being here if they aren't going to play either. They do give us options but only thing I can think of is that he has felt that bringing them on in the games they haven't played wasn't the correct thing to do tactically, or they weren't the change that was needed.

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Not sure that can be backed up. I agree the squad is light, and we need more in, in January, but he is able to make changes to the set up and formation in order to change a game with the players he has. He’s done it in multiple games this season and one of those was the last Falkirk game where we went from chasing the ball for 45 mins to dominating the second half.

True it’s testimony to how a good McPake manager McPake has been so far that he has been able to change formations etc with so few options. My point is if we have 2 injuries he has barely any options off the bench.  Look at Montrose away - they made 5 subs while we could only make 2.  Montrose subs impacted the game big time.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

True it’s testimony to how a good McPake manager McPake has been so far that he has been able to change formations etc with so few options. My point is if we have 2 injuries he has barely any options off the bench.  Look at Montrose away - they made 5 subs while we could only make 2.  Montrose subs impacted the game big time.

I think that's more relative to the bigger question about the size of the squad in general rather than being able to make changes though, which was the original point. At the moment, he's got a strong starting 11, with options within that, with a good three subs he can bring on. We've also got O'Hara and Allen injured atm, so hopefully we can ride it out until January before the suspensions and any more injuries start to kick in, and at least one of those back by then. We'd need to be exceptionally unlucky to have more than one player go off injured in a game though.

1 hour ago, Digs said:

I think that's more relative to the bigger question about the size of the squad in general rather than being able to make changes though, which was the original point. At the moment, he's got a strong starting 11, with options within that, with a good three subs he can bring on. We've also got O'Hara and Allen injured atm, so hopefully we can ride it out until January before the suspensions and any more injuries start to kick in, and at least one of those back by then. We'd need to be exceptionally unlucky to have more than one player go off injured in a game though.

McCann's out injured too.