The Pars v The Bully Wee

Superally

Still can't see this being anymore than a comfortable 2-0 home win. I think Clyde will literally park the double decker bus, but we have already seen a few teams who have done similar. Patience will be the order of the day. Clyde have lost their last 10 games losing an average of 2.5 goals and game while only scoring 6 in the process. Over the same period the Pars while not scoring freely have scored 15 conceding only 7 The Pars have failed to score once (Montrose) and have had 5 clean sheets. There might be a new manager bounce at Clyde, but Jim Duffy needs a to do a hell of a lot to turn his side around. 

1 hour ago, Superally said:

Still can't see this being anymore than a comfortable 2-0 home win. I think Clyde will literally park the double decker bus, but we have already seen a few teams who have done similar. Patience will be the order of the day. Clyde have lost their last 10 games losing an average of 2.5 goals and game while only scoring 6 in the process. Over the same period the Pars while not scoring freely have scored 15 conceding only 7 The Pars have failed to score once (Montrose) and have had 5 clean sheets. There might be a new manager bounce at Clyde, but Jim Duffy needs a to do a hell of a lot to turn his side around. 

Literally? Hmm...

10 hours ago, Raymie said:

anything less than 3 points would be a bad result. I also want Edinburgh to take points off Falkrik, who I think will be our main challengers

I agree 3 points is the only acceptable result.  There’s no other thing to think about.

On the other game, last week I’d agree with you, but falkirks complete inability to lay a glove on us made me a lot more confident they were not going to be a threat.   Should we do our job we can only win from the result at Falkirk.  I’m more curious on Montrose.    Edinburgh we’ve been the best side for about 175 minutes, Falkirk about 140. Montrose have held their own vs us and are easily good enough to take points from everyone else in the division.

Game Day! In a strange way this game feels more important to win than last week. I would’ve taken a draw away to Falkirk but having got a brilliant 3 points it would feel a real backwards step to not beat Clyde. They are in terrible form but have appointed the very experienced and pragmatic Jim Duffy - will they get a new manager bounce?